Blokada 5.6 released

Hi everyone, I hope you are well!

Blokada 5.6

As per our release schedule, today we released Blokada 5.6:

• Blokada 5.6 for Android → blokada.org (available already), Google Play, F-Droid, Huawei App Gallery (all undergoing reviews)
  • Blokada 5.6 for iOS → sent to Apple for review (takes a few days)

Blokada 4 is currently ongoing the migration update to v5, so we’ll postpone the v4.10 release until next week, when that’s over.

This release includes two new blocklists: OISD, and Developer Dan’s Hosts. Except of that, we improved the Activity screen to make it fit more entries, as you requested.

Just to recap, if you haven’t been following our announcements closely, here are some shortcuts for the newest cool stuff we introduced:

Finally, as usual we updated the blocklists, and translations. We also made some minor bugfixes. More in the changelog.

Keep the feedback coming, and enjoy using Blokada!

Remember that using Blokada Plus or donating is what makes it possible for us to keep improving the app. Thanks!

Tap to Donate

Tap for more donate options

2 Likes

I was able to download 5.6, but download was slow.
Only issue I have had with the app is streaming(with decent speed, streaming most time takes forever. It buffers, I have to shutdown the app just to stream). I have tried almost all dns, I hope it is fixed in this version. Thanks

That’s odd, version 5.5 iOS has yet to appear in the AppStore for me and now 5.6 has been sent already. It’s not one of those regional issues is it?

We’ll skip version 5.5 on AppStore, and go straight to 5.6.

Ok, fingers crossed it doesn’t run in to any review issues.

1 Like

Beta 5.6.0 looks good on Android.

One thing though: when one blocks an entry in the “Activity” list, the whole list scrolls up to start.

This is pretty annoying when one wants to block several entries in a row, as you have to scroll down and find the lines you last saw every single time. It would be nice if blocking an entry in the “Activity” list wouldn’t make the whole thing jump up to the top of the list.

3 Likes

Thanks, good feedback.

I think this should not be happening anymore. Could you please try redownloading 5.6 beta or stable and see if it’s fixed?

1 Like