Hello everyone, I hope you are well.
So after some intensive testing and feedback from our community, as per our roadmap we now moved to the next stage - the public beta.
Everyone now can download Blokada 5 for Android from our official website:
Please keep in mind this is still an early preview, and may contain bugs. We are discussing all things related to Blokada 5 (and welcome you to join) in this thread:
Please report back, on any issues you experience (or if you don’t experience any!). We’ll be releasing updates quite often in the coming weeks. Blokada 5 already has a built in notification system for the then releases, so just try to stay up to date.
What are the goals of Blokada v5?
- Have a more intuitive, and simpler UI and UX
- Eliminate the feeling of being overwhelmed some users reported
- Eliminate the misunderstanding between the free and plus accounts
- Improve the navigation to not cause cognitive dissonance
- Have the same look and feel for both Android and iOS (while respecting platform specifics)
- Address the tricky longstanding problems of Blokada v4, like:
- Slow startup / switch on-off
- Problems with staying alive
- Obscure bugs
- Rewrite and simplify the codebase to allow for a more robust code:
- Easier to understand and find your way
- Less bug prone, more predictable
- Cut out bloat and legacy stuff that accumulated over the years
- Easier to make contributions, possibly in the form of plugins