Blokada 5 for Android is now stable

Hi everyone, I hope you are well.

So after a few weeks of extensive testing and development, and thanks to our community here on our forums, we have reached the level of Blokada 5 being stable enough, to be promoted from beta.

From now on, Blokada 5 is the recommended version for all new and existing users.

Next, we’ll be publishing Blokada 5 to our various channels, starting with Google Play (the Slim version is currently under review). We are also discussing internally the license to open source Blokada 5.

Of course, Blokada 5 is still very new. If you experience any problems, share log with me at hello@blokada.org and describe your problem.

Blokada 4 will be available for a long time to come, and will receive updates.

If you are new to our forum, here are some links, in case you want to know more about Blokada 5:

Remember that using Blokada Plus or donating is what makes it possible for us to keep improving the app. Thanks!

Tap to Donate

Tap for more donate options

11 Likes

Pls how can I get back my user ID…I formatted my phone and lost …pls can you send it to me …I paid for it already

Hello there,
please use the in-app support function to create a ticket, then we will try to recover your ID!
In Blokada v5 you can do this by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner then Help / Contact us.

1 Like

I can’t bypass installed apps, the list remains empty. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hello there:)
please share a log with us as described here:

I can’t share a log. When I open log and press share blokada just closes

Ah, okay, then please re-download Blokada from our website and install it again. Then please try to recreate the issue and then share the log.
Thank you for bringing this issue to our notice:)!

1 Like

Already did that. On third install I managed to send a log. The issue remains, only system apps are visible.

1 Like

Okay, perfect! Thank you very much. Then we’ll look into the logs and try to figure out where that problem comes from:)!

1 Like

Blocked ads are increasing when I turn off blokada then on it automatically number of ads blocking are increasing again when I again trun off on same problem occurs

Have you got any ad supported apps on your phone that are running in the background?
It could be those apps that are pulling ads in and Blokada is doing it’s job and blocking them.
Other than that you could have picked up some malware. If that’s the case try scanning with Malwarebytes for Android or iPhone, depending on your phone.

1 Like

I’m sorry but I have no intention of installing version 5 for Android. After trying the beta I was very disappointed with the interface and went back to 4 with VPS active. I hope you won’t completely abandon 4. Too elementary, too simple … 5 stinks to me …

No bro in 2 sec 1k ads are blocked if you do turn of again on, again again more then 1k ads are blocked every time

Hey there and welcome to our forum:)
could you maybe specify what you liked about v5 and what you didn’t like?
v4 will be developed alongside v5 for some time, yes.

2 Likes

After looking at my log and Blokada’s main screen, 1k+ blocks isn’t bad. But I’d still install Malwarebytes if you haven’t got it. Don’t trust Google too much. Malware still gets through into the Play Store and it’s weeks before Google pick it up.
This is my total since 9/6;

2 Likes

I installed my Malwarebytes from F-Droid on f-droid.org If you don’t trust Google as most of us don’t. Download the app F-Droid, they even have can autoupdate automagic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Already using F-Droid. Also using Aurora Store, which actually tells you if apps have ads or not and you can check the trackers of the majority of apps through tracker report.

1 Like

hi, what are the plans for Blokada 5 in Italian language?
on the English site v5 (5.2) is available as stable, while on the Italian site it is still in beta.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. Local versions of the website should now have the newest version.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Doesn’t block ads on MIUI 12