Hello everyone, I hope you are well.
This is a short announcement that we just moved to the next stage of beta testing of Blokada v5, which is available now for you to download and install. It is still an early preview, but we believe it’s very usable already.
Please report back, on any issues you experience (or if you don’t experience any!). We’ll be releasing updates quite often in the coming days, until we reach a stability for an official release.
What are the goals of Blokada v5?
- Have a more intuitive, and simpler UI and UX
- Eliminate the feeling of being overwhelmed some users reported
- Eliminate the misunderstanding between the free and plus accounts
- Improve the navigation to not cause cognitive dissonance
- Have the same look and feel for both Android and iOS (while respecting platform specifics)
- Address the tricky longstanding problems of Blokada v4, like:
- Slow startup / switch on-off
- Problems with staying alive
- Obscure bugs
- Rewrite and simplify the codebase to allow for a more robust code:
- Easier to understand and find your way
- Less bug prone, more predictable
- Cut out bloat and legacy stuff that accumulated over the years
- Easier to make contributions, possibly in the form of plugins