If you are using a Oppo / Realme phone please follow these steps first.
If Blokada doesn’t block ads at all and you just installed it or have recently updated your system the problem could be the Android feature called Private DNS. If it is enabled, Blokada cannot inspect the hosts your apps try to access and therefore it fails to block the ads. To disable it, follow the below steps:
- Go to your system’s settings
- Go to Network & Internet
- Search for Private DNS , tap on that
- Choose “Off”, save the configuration.
Another reason why you may see ads in every app if you just installed Blokada is that apps store the ads to show you later even when you are offline. To resolve it, you need to clear all apps’ cache, except Blokada. There are two ways to do it:
- Without installing any additional tool: go to system’s settings -> Applications -> choose the app where you see the ads -> Storage -> clear Cache. Please note these steps may vary based on the device’s manufacturer and Android level.
- Install a tool that clears cache, set Blokada for exception and clear every apps’ cache.