Blokada doesn't block ads at all

If you are using a Oppo / Realme phone please follow these steps first.

If Blokada doesn’t block ads at all and you just installed it or have recently updated your system the problem could be the Android feature called Private DNS. If it is enabled, Blokada cannot inspect the hosts your apps try to access and therefore it fails to block the ads. To disable it, follow the below steps:

1. Go to your system’s settings
  2. Go to Network & Internet
  3. Search for Private DNS , tap on that
  4. Choose “Off”, save the configuration.

Another reason why you may see ads in every app if you just installed Blokada is that apps store the ads to show you later even when you are offline. To resolve it, you need to clear all apps’ cache, except Blokada. There are two ways to do it:

1. Without installing any additional tool: go to system’s settings -> Applications -> choose the app where you see the ads -> Storage -> clear Cache. Please note these steps may vary based on the device’s manufacturer and Android level.
  2. Install a tool that clears cache, set Blokada for exception and clear every apps’ cache.

There might be other reasons, why Blokada doesn’t block ads.
Do you want to be taken to the overview about Blokada not blocking ads?

5 Likes

Hi
Maybe it could be worth to mention Blokada Slim or add a link to https://community.blokada.org/t/whats-the-difference-between-blokada-and-blokada-slim/38

1 Like

Hey cami:)
I am just working on this article… you see some links are still missing;)
Blokada Slim is able to block ads, if you select a content-blocking DNS… but you are right, it might be a good idea to include that information.

1 Like

I will try to catch it somewhere else:D! but thank you for this feedback, I didn’t think about that till now:)

1 Like

Why this is not working

A post was split to a new topic: Blokada Slim not blocking ads

I swore I remember turning Private DNS off when I first installed Blokada, but it seemed to turn itself back on after a phone update. Blokada’s Working perfectly now, Thanks!

1 Like

OS Updates are sometimes a bit annoying regarding that. Some xiaomi devices I owned in the past kind of just “forgot” some settings regularly as well

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Blokada v6.2: The Official Blokada on Play Store