Blokada 5.11 for Android now in beta

Hi everyone, I hope you are well!

The updates

As per our release schedule, today we are releasing the following updates:

• Blokada 5.11 for Android (beta) →

Blokada 5.11 for Android

This is quite a big update with a lot of new cool stuff. First of all, we have added wildcards support, and changed the default OISD blocklist to use the wildcards variant. We also implemented automatic refresh of the blocklists you activated. It will happen at random every 2-3 days. We hope all this will result in better adblocking. Let us know if you notice any problems with the adblocking in this version.

Furthermore, we’ve added three new blocklists: hBlock, Combined Privacy Block Lists, and Dan Pollock’s Hosts. Tap the links to learn more about them.

Another function you asked about, was to extend the configuration options for Networks. We’ve now added a possibility to force Libre mode for particular networks. This way you can configure networks on which you wish to use Blokada Plus, and others where you do not need this level of protection.

We have also made small changes to the DNS list: we removed Blah DNS since many of you reported problems with it. We also added Dismail DNS for testing.

The recap

Just to recap, if you haven’t been following our announcements closely, here are some shortcuts for the newest cool stuff we introduced:

Finally, as usual we updated the blocklists, and translations. We also made some minor bugfixes. More in the changelog.

Keep the feedback coming, and enjoy using Blokada!

Remember that using Blokada Plus or donating is what makes it possible for us to keep improving the app. Thanks!

Tap to Donate

11 Likes

Excelente…a continuación procedere a actualizar…

Gracias

Una oportunidad y aporto con Blokada plus…

:fire::wave::hibiscus:

1 Like

Actualice la aplicación pero sí ha estado congelando un poco la pantalla consume un poco más de batería Me parece que estás trabajando un poco mejor está filtrando más y eso me gusta pero a veces da pequeños errores y se congelan será que instaló o activo todo las aplicaciones de bloqueo en la lista de bloqueo…???

Utilizó un Samsung j7 tal vez me dan alguna opinión o asociamiento qué debo hacer para que trabajen poco mejor y no me de errores y congelamiento de pantalla…

Por lo demás estoy muy muy satisfecho gracias por su labor y trabajo…

:pig_nose::wave::fire::+1::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

Look, you can be angry all you want but don’t use swear words and bad language.

2 Likes

Hi @RPMozley
Thank you for helping us keep this community civil. We’ve taken actions against the account and will continue do watch it over time.
Feel free to use the “flag” functionality whenever necessary everyone :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Any plans for a passthrough mode of sorts? On my home network, there is no need for filtering, as I have locally hosted adguardhome server running there.
Alternatively, Automate or Tasker support would help too, where I can enable/disable Blokada when leaving/connecting my home network.

In the meantime, I remembered @Karol 's earlier info that Blokada can uses Intents to enable and disable Blokada.
I’ve create Automate flow that now also works with V5 via these Intents.
https://llamalab.com/automate/community/flows/38869

Feel free to use.

3 Likes

does this address the android system closing the app on its own?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Feedback regarding v5.10.1

I’d donate…

…But I don’t have a way to do so… :[

(Edit: Thanks @Karol for replying with a link to donate, but what I meant was that I did have a method for payment.)

1 Like

Here you can find the options: https://go.blokada.org/donate

1 Like

Después de casi una semana de usar la aplicación Beta versión 5.11 blokada medio problema se comenzó a a recalentar el teléfono y no me bloqueaba anuncio tuve que desinstalarlo