Blokada is blocking internet access for browser

I changed my dns from blockada dns to the switzerland one and everything works again

4 Likes

Koire, can you elaborate on that? By “changed my dns” are you refering to your privite DNS settings in Android? How does one set it to “blokada dns”?

In the app, select the Advanced tab > Networks > All Networks. You’ll see “Use DNS: Blokada”. Tap it to change to a different DNS. I switched to cloudflare and it worked.

Thanks koire for the suggestion!

7 Likes

Ah, that’s what’s going on, the blokada dns is down.

1 Like

Bam, that did it. I changed mine to google dns and all good now. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Ty, that fixed it.

+1 koire thanks for mentioning that. And thanks quietcarrot, I didn’t know how to change the DNS as I haven’t touched those settings in quite some time.

This didn’t work for me. Tried both Google and Cloudflare DNS and still broken.

I also have this issue. Even links WITHIN BLOCKADA (such as pressing ‘start on boot’ in Settings which links to a Blokada page) will not connect, unless Blokada is paused first – as it is right now, so I can even post this from within Blokada! Whatever you did, you’ve rendered your app COMPLETELY UNUSABLE. And BTW, I COMPLETELY uninstalled & deleted all Blokada folders/files (including ‘hidden’ ones), then reinstalled 5.9.0, which did NOTHING to end the issue. Also: the issue started today 02/24/21.
oop ‐ just saw the ‘change DNS’ posts ‐ will try that.

Did you make sure to enable it after changing it Milfhunter? I hadn’t messed with it for several versions and found that it was disabled by default.

1 Like

Tried it and it didn’t work. It’s also blocking lots of my apps to the internet unless I go in and specifically tell it to bypass it.

Do you have a lot of blocklists enabled?

I actually have them all turned off right now with just the app running.

1 Like

Thank you, didn’t even notice that. Works now.

1 Like

Thanks, all! My various phones and tablets are working again!

Did you follow the instructions that quietcarrot outlined here?

1 Like

This is the area they’re talking about in the app

1 Like

I’m sorry I hadn’t saw that! But that totally did work. Thank you for your time!

1 Like

Thanks for posting this workaround. Anyone still experiencing this problem, please follow our official announcement. It’ll be updated as we fix this issue:

2 Likes