Blockada preventing apps from loading

Hello there,
I’ve been using Blokada on my andoid 9, razer phone 2 for quite some time with no difficulties; I downloaded it from the google play store. However, just today, I’ve been unable to load any apps that access the internet. Amazon, Ebay, and a lot of other such apps will open, but they won’t load anything from the internet. I know that blokada is the causing this because when I disable it the problem goes away.
I’ve tried updating the app, restarting the device, and reinstalling it but nothing seems to help. Help would be appreciated!

1 Like

I’m facing the same issue since this morning.
Play Store notes that yesterday was an update of Blokada.
I followed your advice and disabled the DNS I added in the app, but its still not working for the most Apps. Few Apps like Signal are still working, but browser, reddit, Spotify don’t

Specs: Android 11

EDIT: For me the main issue was the specific DNS resolver Digitale Gesellschaft DNS

1 Like

Same issue since this morning. Apps can’t resolve names. I tried several of the listed providers, disabled secure DNS and plus mode, same issue. Disabling blokada resolves the issue

I followed your advice and disabled the DNS I added in the app, but its still not working for the most Apps. Few Apps like Signal are still working, but browser, reddit, Spotify don’t

I can confirm this behaviour on my phone as well.

Android 11
Blokada 5.20.2

There is nothing weired to see in BlockadaLog.

I can confirm that the workaround in Digitale Gesellschaft DNS not working any more? solves it for me as well

Workaroud doesn’t fix it

*Dns digitale gesellschaft isn’t working anymore via blokada this morning sinds ± 0630. Switching to any other dns will fix the internet connection. Same issue with oneplus6, xiaomi 9t pro, samsung s9, samsung tab s7+ etc etc (friends,family and co-workers have exact same issue)
Fyi No issues with connection on my pc and using the Dns digitale gesellschaft set in my firefox browser

Blokada 5.20.2

Ok, I found the solution to my problem. Changing the DNS within the Blokada app to “Blokada DNS” fixed the issue.
To do this, go to advanced (see pics)

Then go to networks, all networks, Use DNS. From here you’ll see a list of DNSs to choose from. Like I said, the Blokada DNS works for me!

I hope that helps everyone!

1 Like

This does’t fix the connection with dns digitale gesselschaft

In the log you can see after connecting to dns digitale gesselschaft “ECONNREFUSED”

Indeed it doesn’t. We do not have any influence and/or connections to the team of third party dns providers. The dns will recover once they fix it.
All you can do is switch to another dns for now

2 Likes

That’s the error message if something changed or broke on their side, not ours :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.