Updating Blokada 5

So far I’ve been relatively happy with Blokada 5 on Android, but there’s just a couple of points.

Battery drain seems to be a little higher than with v4, but Kaspersky Battery Life isn’t showing any serious issues.
Secondly: Does Blokada 5 app auto update automatically OTA?

1 Like

Great. Try sharing log with us if you notice too much battery drain. It’s a long shot, but maybe it’ll help us. Yes Blokada 5 updates through OTA similar to v4. You’ll get a notification in app and will be able to install it.

2 Likes

I had to restore my device yesterday due to a system update gone bad.:angry::roll_eyes:
It’s a custom Android install by FX(Tec) with some minor enhancements for things like screen rotation and hardware keyboard slider.
Back on track now, so I’ll run v5 again for a few days, see how it goes. :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

hey:)
And how does it go currently:)?

I also have this issue, v5 seems to use more battery than v4, average 36hrs vs 48hrs. I’m using LG G8 Android 10 stock rom, fairly minimal use of phone. Same amount of host lists, 2. Blokada doesn’t show up on the battery usage though. Is there any settings on v5 i can tick off to see if it fixes the issue?

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to be much better.
I would upload my log but it’s about 3 miles long. (215 pages). :flushed::laughing:
TBH I think Blokada 5 is doing a lot more work than v4 used to do.

I reckon switching to dark theme helps a little with battery drain issues.

Thanks for the feedback:)
Okay, could you please share your log to hello@blokada.org as explained in this post then:)?

Hey there and welcome to the forum:)
Please share your log with us as described in this post:

Afterwards you can try to disable DoH and check whether you are getting different results:)?

Log sent. :grin:

1 Like

Thank you very much. We’ve received the log already. It might take some time until we can get back to you :slight_smile:

2 Likes