Say hi and welcome!

hi @dmdickerson and welcome! Nice to see you here, thanks for the intro. Quite exciting to have you onboard. Btw, Blokada 5 is out of beta for some time now, it’s reasonably stable (DoH may be causing some issues still).

Hello
I am also New here

1 Like

That’s cool, welcome:D
Is there a feature you are still missing in Blokada? If so check this category:
https://community.blokada.org/c/other/feedback/31

2 Likes

Hi Karol

Greetings, @Karol!

Thank you for your kind e-mail message, and for alerting me to the fact that Blokada 5 is officially out of beta.

I use the F-Droid app whenever possible to find, install, and update apps In fact, Blokada came to my attention thanks to F-Droid – but, apparently, Blokada 5 has not yet made it to F-Droid.org’s repositories or the app is not updating. (Recently, when F-Droid’s app notifies me that an update is available for an app I’ve obtained via F-Droid, selecting the update option in the notification yields an error that a “problem” occurred, so I search F-Droid (the app) for the app I know has an update and manually install the update.

I have had similarly glitches over the last few months, but “clean” installations have not helped, and I haven’t seen enough consistency to report a potentially valid bug. Ironically, I started using F-Droid’s app in 2016 on a very inexpensive Samsung smartphone and with no issues. I’ve had issues only with this Galaxy A20 that was a Christmas gift last year. (I have verified one occasion, before I disabled automatic updates from Google Play, when Google overwrote (“updated”) VLC Player (which originated from F-Droid!) and literally broke it. I uninstalled the copy Google hijacked and reinstalled the copy (same version) via F-Droid, which fixed VLC. I failed to collect any documentation, but I verified RMS’s assertion that any proprietary software potentially is malware, because there is no way to verify its status.

I’ll check F-Droid for Blockada 5, @Karol. (Two days ago, several Web sites that have worked without problems in the latest mobile Firefox and Firefox Beta releases stopped displaying properly, as if the JavaScript and CSS could not work, The sites aren’t related and I’ve made no Blokada 4 configuration changes, although disabling Blokada 4 resolved most issues. I’ve not researched the issues, and my vague description is evidence of my lack of data about a novel anomaly.

Cordially,

David

Blokada 5 is ready for fdroid, just waiting for the moderators to include it:

3 Likes

Awesome news!
Will it auto-update v4 or run alongside:)?

1 Like

Hello I’m Guido from Germany and I think the Blokada App is very successful and it works fantastic in the background. I am looking forward to updates. Greetings Guido
When do you think the version will be available in the F-Droid Store? Is the problem with the high battery consumption fixed?

2 Likes

There will be two separate versions on fdroid, v5 and v4. Not recommended to install both. The v5 will be available once fdroid approves it.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
Joe from Germany - I try to explain the topic privacy and security when using the internet and smartfones to my friends and relatives. It’s like Don Quixote’s fight against the windmills :flushed:
But Blokada helps here with its easy usability :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hey @Radionym and @joeleo and welcome to our community!
Nice to see some fellow germans in here:D
Thank you for those nice words about Blokada:)
@Radionym I hope you will get lucky with F-Droid the next few days;)
@joeleo I know this struggle… usually it’s more helpful to say: ‘you won’t see ads anymore - isn’t that awesome?-’ than ‘with that companies will track you way less!’ And yes - this makes me sadxD

1 Like

hi everyone, im sheep! im just a regular user of blokada. i like to be a beta tester, im a customization freak, i do gfx and much more other things. hope to see yall here :slight_smile:

─ sheep :ram:

1 Like

Hi and welcome!
I am struggling to stop adverts on TV Pato just installed on 4K firestick, even though Blokada is now installed and ‘active’ it says.

Hi,
Please create a support post for that.

hi and welcome!

Greetings everyone,

I am Hideki, a developer of mobile systems and solutions in A.I (Artificial Intelligence).

It is an honor to be here with everyone in this incredible Blokada community; I really admire the project, because you are building protection and privacy and one day I hope to be able to contribute too! :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to all :wink:

Cheers,

Hideki E.

3 Likes

Awesome. Welcome!

2 Likes

Hi, I am Sudharsan M working as a System Administrator. Nice to see you all. Today Morning I am looking to block ads from Android apps opened play store and search for block ads I saw so many apps, but I look Blokada just name was new & I love the icon design than install Blokada I felt in more love it works exactly what I want. You people are awesome.

I am eagerly waiting to buy Blokada Plus but there is no India Currency Conversion Cost was high so I stopped buying. Can you guys help me what was the best way to buy Blokada Plus? Waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Sudharsan M

1 Like

Nice to see you! The best way is Bitcoin.

1 Like

Hola…

1 Like