Say hi and welcome!

Hello, my name is Karol, I’m one of the several people involved in making Blokada a great app it is today.

To kick off our new forums, I would like to invite everyone who joined to say hi in the comments below! Feel free to say a few words about yourself, or just let us know what you think about our work.

We want to make this forum a great place for discussions about everything relevant to Blokada, privacy, security, and more, so please stay polite, and welcome!

29 Likes

Hi, I’m Johnny.

Mostly concerned with making a backend and things that you never actually see visually :grinning:
I’m excited to see this community grow, I hope that this forum will help us unite while we continue our journey together :muscle:

8 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am C :).
I actually have nothing to do with IT… but I learned a lot over the past year from all people involved in this awesome project. So I hope I will be able to help this community especially in the Support section.
For me the main argument to use Blokada on my phone is the increased privacy.
Let’s make this an interesting, warm and welcoming place all together:).

Edit: Btw I am not really happy with my former username (C_one_and_only_C), but C was too short and ____C_____ was not allowed^^ so if anyone has a recommendation or an idea, I am happy to hear it:)!

11 Likes

Hi, I’m P.

You may call me by my actual, full and proper name as well: Printable Character :wink:
As you may have noticed, I’m incredibly uncreative in writing introductions which is why I think it’s best to keep everything rather short and simple.
If you need any assistance let any of us know.
We’re always eager to help you.

Enjoy your stay :smiley:

8 Likes

Hello, everyone,

I am Sascha and known as Basakomo on the German Telegram channel. Unfortunately my omnipresent username in Telegram was already taken :pensive:. I am glad to see something different than Telegram and I am curious what is written here.

8 Likes

Hello Sascha! Happy to see you here:)
Xopez is a nice name as well^^

3 Likes

Hi. I‘m MoriRo and I love it test and improve new apps. I‘m only a hobby programmer and I‘m from Germany.

5 Likes

Welcome @MoriRo:)
Nice to see you here. So a programmer, huh;)?
Did you already find our Developer’s lounge already?

2 Likes

Hey all. So will this be replacing telegram for most discussions?

2 Likes

We don’t know yet. We want to try it out to check if it’s going to work better for everyone. This place should be better for organising all the knowledge we have gathered over the years, etc.

4 Likes

Hmm. I’m trying to figure out how to save this so I can go right to it rather than going to the telegram discussion to find the link.

Since I use kiwi browser, I’ll just leave it open there.

You could bookmark it, maybe @speedlever. Is that possible in Kiwi browser:)?

Hi everyone
I am cami and maybe some people know me from the German Chat.

@c_C I have an idea for your name.
What about “c_C”?
It’s like two eyes (from the side) which see nearly everything and always want to get more knowledge. As you said you learned many things in the Support section there’s also your personal development in the name. You started as a c with less knowledge and now you’re a capital C! :smiley:

8 Likes

Heey @cami:D
very nice that you joined as well:)
*-* aaaaawwww*-----* what a sweet idea:D! that is so thoughtful:)
I will directly edit it:D
If someone else has another idea, I am still interested, maybe I’ll change my name like my profile pictures;).

4 Likes

Hi, Ash here,
I can’t thank you guys enough for creating Blokada.
With your help, my life has changed completely.
For the last 2-3 years I have been looking for adult content and adblocker on android but never got any good services from other paid apps.

Blokada is exactly what I was looking for, and I am glad I found it.

I feel privileged to be part of this wonderful community.
I will try my best to help in any way possible.

Regards,
A

5 Likes

Hello Ash, a warm welcome to you:D!
Thank you very much for this awesome feedback:)
We are happy that you are part of the community! Take a look around the forum, if you think something is missing or have any kind of feedback, we are happy to hear it.
Greetings, C

1 Like

Hi there I’m fd.svensson
People from Linux know me with that name and G+ to. Has used it for more than 10 years. I have always been interested in security for the “normal” person. Both on the Web and afk. However, when I help programmers, I’m always a bug hunter. Love :heart: bug’s :beetle:. Before I had a Android phone I was helping Kubuntu and Firefox. Now I have Beta’s in Android instead.

7 Likes

Hi,

My name is Erik, but most people online know me as Rednose.
I am interested in everything what has to do with security and privacy.

Greetz, Red.

5 Likes

Nice to have you both around @fd_svensson @Rednose :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello. I’m martin. I am a translator in Bulgarian. I really like the application and I no longer have an acquaintance who has not installed it.
My hobby is servers, msql, various installations (such as ownclowd, alf.io, tomatocart, etc.). What I need I learn to do it myself. I’ve been on Linux for 12 years, and now I’m studying Windows10. I am glad that I can help the project with a little.

7 Likes