What do our users say about Blokada?

We are getting a lot of positive feedback from our community, which motivates us to keep improving the app. We would like to share some of the comments with you. We kept them anonymous.

Remember, if you like Blokada, you can help us a lot by giving that 5 star review on Play Store or App Store. This helps us be more visible for other users!

Blokada is the best thing ever happened to non rooted community.

But Blokada can be proud. Hats off and thanks for the great app. Must also be said.

Iā€™ve spread the word about this to my whole family and all my friends. You guys ROCK!!!

Funny, the first three apps I installed on this phone when I got it a few months ago were: 1. Firefox, so I could install F-Droid, 2. F-Droid, so I could install Blokada, 3. Blokada

New version is really top. I like it very much. The best is the counter.

Thatā€™s right you really have to support the developers. They do very good work.

Happy now using it on phone. Blokada rules!

Long time blokada user here. it still is the best true blocking software Iā€™ve ever used!!!

The app runs like clockwork. :slight_smile:

Strong, looks optically stylish. Classy made.

Congrats to Blokada for your powerful tool.

Nice to see Blokada working well on my the Note10. Glad to see there is even a special blokada switch on the drop down menu. Kudos Devs!!!

Thatā€™s sick, how many [ads] were blocked. Many thanks to the Blokada-Devs, that all of them have been spared to me.

4 Likes

Blokada reviews from our Telegram channel (May 2020)

Apart from that I would also like to thank you for your good work with Blokada and especially the user support in the group!

Blokada works great for me and blocks a lot of advertising.

By the way I really like all the services and the vpn as well. I bought just the one month to test it, but I think I`ll go for more on my next purchase

By the way your ad-blocker is great.

Hey admins! Iā€™m new here, I just want to thank you guys for the amazing service and application youā€™ve created. I am a long time user and really appreciate it.

Great app!!!

Thanks, blokada! Iā€™m glad youā€™re existing.

Hello :+1::+1::+1: great job on the app

thanks for the great app

thanks for this wonderful application.

Blokada is by far my favorite piece of open source system utility that should, I personally feel, should be mandatory in every Android device

I donā€™t recall when I found out about the project

But since this phone isnā€™t rooted itā€™s really the only good solution available thatā€™s open source that has nice user interface and a good community of support

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST :heart::heart:

hey guys, I just wanted to chime in to say I appreciate the free app a ton and use it all the time.

Iā€™d like to thank all people taking part in this great app. Youā€™re all doing a great job!

[The compliments are] well deserved.

Well itā€™s nice to read that you guys are considering it. When Blokada will have DoT or DoH integration and the mentioned feature it will be the most perfect app possible

Hi there. I am new to blokada and from a first glance at the app i am really impressed :+1: will check blokada out for a few days and if that beast proofs to be the real thingā€¦ I am going all the way :grin: vpn i am coming.

Hi i am your new userā€¦let me say you app is superbā€¦it works pretty well system wideā€¦

Wow! Just installed Blokada and first impressionsā€¦ impressed :ok_hand:

[standing ovations from another user]

Blokada is the best ad blocker

Itā€™s a brilliant app overall

App works great for me.

Thanks for your great tool and effort!!!

Hi and thank you for a great app!

via PM: ā€˜Means a lot to have a such a responsive support team and punctualā€™

via PM: about in-app Support: ā€˜Really great support. Got in touch directly the next day and asked lots of questions. It was very good.ā€™

3 Likes

Feedback from June 2020

Hey guys. Iā€™m still loving this app on my phone, and with my Nvidia shield.

First off I want to thank the developers for this amazing work ā€¦ My experience so far has been great no bugs at all just perfectionā€¦

I love how I can get a brand new, flagship phone (in fact, be the 432nd person to receive the phone), and immediately install blokada on it and basically never have ads ever again. I donā€™t have to wait for someone to crack the firmware so I can Root it, I just install, and poof. It works.

I love Blokada. Been loving it for years. Thank you.

Thanks for this ingenious app. I was looking for a mobile version for my pihole, because I donā€™t have a pihole in the mobile net and found this app. Within the next days I will send a donation to :pray:

Congratulations to the Blokada team on the iOS version and I am already using it on my iPad and iphone

Congrats for the Apple approval :+1:ā€¦
Most of my family uses apple and Iā€™m trying to get them on boardā€¦
Meā€¦ I love Android and itā€™s better with Blokadaā€¦

Congrats guys [on iOS launch]! Thanks for everything!

Hi! Iā€™m enjoying Blokada immensely! :grin: My paid version is due to expire soon. How do I renew for another 6 months?

I love Blokada

Really appreciated blokada app itā€™s works like a champ

Just found out about Blokada about 3 days ago and used it to block ads and damn it works good

Great appā€¦

Guys great work. I have been using blokada in IPad. Really great and I can see which app is logging at what time.:v::v:

I was very disappointed by myselfā€¦ That i found Blokada app so lateā€¦ Never have used such a usefull app BEFORE . Hats off to the team of BLOKADA

Bro I paid for [another app] for 2 years. I am just thankful that I found it[Blokada] this soon. Otherwise I would have taken the lifetime license

Excellent project here from the looks of it.

I like thatā€™s itā€™s open source on F-Droid, doesnā€™t need root, and has many features

A little shout out to say thanks again for This great appā€¦ I have it on my OnePlus 6t, Nvidia shield, and my old LGā€¦ I paid for another month. though, I think Iā€™ll go ahead and get the 12 month package after the end of this oneā€¦
:facepunch::sunglasses:
I love the privacy and piece of mindā€¦

thank you very much for your help and thank you all for making this wonderful app

I can hardly look at a device without an ad blocker, and blokada is the best without root, so I am glad to help

3 Likes

Gathered Feedback From The Last Few Month

Great app. Love it.

I absolutely love Blokada. I canā€™t picture my day to day without it.

Just a thanks for the flawless user experience
I use Blokada for 3 months now and just wanted to thank the devs for this great app that offer us privacy and a great user experience in the hazardous world of smartphones.
This app works flawless in the background without battery consumption or distractive notifications and does its job great. No annoying ads through the big brother fb app and many more.
Thanks again and I hope you keep the level of product and experience as high as possible.
Lastly wanted to share that using Blokada alongside with other great privacy oriented and/or open source apps in smartphones such as DuckDuckGo browser, Newpipe (youtube alternative app), FreeMail and many others you can find on FDroid app store make the whole Android experience less distractive and more private and controllable than the default.
Thanks to all these guys that keep caring about the right of freedom and privacy.
Peace.

Thanks a lot for this great app Blokada team. Just found out about it and itā€™s amazing. It allows me to use apps I loved but were cluterred with adsā€¦ Itā€™s a real breath of fresh air.

If I ever become rich I will buy Blokada devs a Ferrari each.

Nice app

Blokada keeps getting better and better!! :slight_smile:

Manually updated from inside the app and flawless as usual. Thank you! Just got the notification updated instantly. Hands down the best ad blocker.

Blokada is probably my most important and favorite app :slight_smile:

Thanks for your work and this nice app

Huge props to the dev and support of blokada. You guys are awesome

I Really Love This App Will Make A YouTube Video About This App!!!
thank you so much. Your helpful attitude is really refreshing. You got a fan here of not only of the app, but its whole team :slight_smile:

I have just discovered Blokada. Andā€¦ I just love it :ok_hand:

Iā€™m using blokada since 2 or 3 years and it is fantastic to see it becomes better and better. First with Samsung Galaxy S5, S7 and now on Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (Android 10 / MIUI Global 12.0.1)

Iā€™m new with Blokada and i like the philosophical concept of your work! I like the app too and the service of course! I will use it for a while, and then iā€™m thinking to make a donation! Keep up the good work!!!

WOW! Iā€™ve only been using Blokada for 2 days and 6450 ads and trackers were blocked :ok_hand:t3::fire::fire::fire: awesome ad blocker

Hi guys, thank you all for the updates and the stability of Blokada

I was used lot of ads block apps but no one should works perfectā€¦
But here now Iā€™m using blokada n 2months really working perfectā€¦ and itā€™s awesomeā€¦
Hats off for ur work guys!!!
In this app the highlight thing is no root requiredā€¦ thatā€™s awesomeā€¦!!

I do love the app

Iā€™m in love with blokada itā€™s been 2 years.

This I have to say, without Blokada this Samsung device is unbearable. I am being bombed with advertisement now :joy: one only notices like this how strongly Blokada improves our life!
[some weeks later]
After three days of running time already 3000 ads blocked again and the Smart list has 92 rules againā€¦ itā€™s running! Life can be so beautifulā€¦:joy::joy::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Iā€™ve been using Blokada for quite a while now. Glad it blocks the Huawei crap. Iā€™m sitting at 224,000 ads blocked since the install. This app really is underrated.

I :heart: Blokada .
All work good.

Blokada is one app which should be loaded on every android out there before any other appā€¦After using blokada for a while, I can see the difference this app makes to my phone usage. Love the app. Cheers to development team.:blush:

Thank you for this app. Itā€™s awesome

Hey guys! I am trying ios for the first time in a long time!
Thanks for your hard work, blokada is great!

Just discovered this app yesterday and I just want to say thank you to the developers. This hits so many areas of privacy i have been looking for in an app.

Thanks to the development team for this great project!

Hello and good day dear Blokada community.
On my ā€œgaming cell phoneā€ is currently running Blokada 5 on a trial basis. is very well done and intuitively very good to use. A great path that was taken there. All in all it runs very well.

:heart: love blokada v5, itā€™s awesome!
Awesome ping on Apex Legends PC

Huge reason why I love this app now. Lots of battery left with 3 hours of SOT so far.

Yeah, that app is brilliant and better with each version
Iā€™m enjoying blokada since 6 months
And loving it :smiley:

I have been using Blokada for a long time now and I am really impressed!

v509 working very nice now, keep up the good work, well appreciated

To the creator: Thanks for creating blokada.
U rock!

By the way VPN works flawlessly. Itā€™s nice to have both working (blocking ads and using vpn).

This app is AWESOME

Hi love the app!

To the developers: THANK YOU for releasing an iOS version of Blokada! This is the app I missed most when I migrated to iOS, and to top it off this is running on iOS 14 Beta 4!

3 Likes

New feedback September, Oktober 2020

I am loving blokada

And thanks for making this free app in the first place, itā€™s a lifesaver

Best app till now. Installed on all my phones

Hi guys whoā€™s using blokada on 5G network its blazing fast

And congratulations/thanks to all the people involved in this great project!

I want to also thank the creators and supporters of Blokada! Itā€™s awesome!

First of all, thank you for the wonderful work!
I recently changed phone and installed the new Blokada (love the new UI!).

Big fan of yoursā€¦

I will add that 4.83 is excellent,
By the way thanks! I do like this app. :+1::+1:

btw great app, Iā€™ve been around a long time ago I think V1 or 2

Btw, the v5 code base is as clean as it gets. Amazing!

Amazing Blokada :+1::heart_eyes:

Blokada is amazing and it doesnā€™t consumes much battery and even removed ads on YouTube.

Blokada is running without issue on my 2017 Shield Pro & other Android devices.

I installed the v5 over the app and it went smoothly. No reset and the new ui isā€¦ Big. Great app, much thanks to the devs.

Blokada helped me block 4,671,419 ads and trackers in the last 13 weeks! Get it at blokada.org.
Thanks Blokada! :heart:

Just texted v5 today and speeds are nearly identical. Looks like v5 brought a performance boost.

I really like this app :heart:ā•£[-_-]ā• :heart:

I loved this app

v5 is really snappier than v4

Great work guys, Keep it up

Best adblocker
:v::v:
Blokada is working fine in my iPad. Sometime you need to just blacklist some ads

Thank you! Great workšŸ˜Š

A world without blokada is desolate, annoying and too full

My parents are phone shopping and yes this is a selling point that it works with Blokada as dad said so.

So far, 5.0.11 has exhibited none of the behavioral problem of 5.0.9. Good job, Karol.

The stable is unremarkable. Which is a good thing. It just does its job and is unobtrusive. Itā€™s pretty much invisible.

Thank you for making me aware of the beta channel. This version is much more responsive. No more canā€™t load your lists. Plus it even performs better than AdAway Beta. Specifically, I use Resilio Sync and while syncing, AdAway drops the VPN and stops working. Blokada remains active throughout.

Thanks for it. It totally solved the problem. Not a single ad. I tried some other apps /games from playstore which are known to have most annoying ads, but I didnā€™t see a single type of ad in any form. I didnā€™t know that it was my systemā€™s fault, but thanks to blokada now Iā€™m ad free [through enabling alternative DNS answer].

Great job on the Beta app.
Iā€™m using it on my OnePlus 8proā€¦ The setup is great and looks amazingā€¦ The work is greatly appreciatedā€¦:+1:

Blokada has progressed well. You have been diligent :clap:

Blokada beta works completely fine on MIUI 12 devices apart from the badge counter synchronization problem. Both Ad-blocking and DNS works well.
Good job @Karol and team

V4 is soo much handy and has appealing user interface and have some more features

IMO v5 is better organized compared to v4. all main actions are visible in bottom toolbar view.

2 Likes

Hey guys. Just passing by to reckon with everything youā€™ve done so far.

Karol is a tremendous genius about all the concept that comes in this entire project.

I think I already recommended Blokada a lot to my friends. Unfortunately some elders donā€™t agree to install it since it breaks some functionalities on Android (and they donā€™t know how to fix it, even thatā€™s a press of a button), but I know the developer always strive for the best that can be done with this app.

Moreover, Iā€™m proud to tell people that I can help the project by translating it into my locale. Iā€™d certainly like to do more for it, but offering this is the least I can do to keep the project up and strong.

Please consider my kind regards and a big ā€œTHANK YOUā€, for everything that youā€™ve done so far.

Itā€™s really a wonderful app with lots of cool features in a nutshell, so Iā€™m really glad I came across on sub-forums (such as Reddit and XDA) to find this handy piece of app being so useful for people.

I personally was using AdAway in the past, but it messed up with a lot of internal hosts files and I even had a terrible scenario where I had to do a factory reset to get it working once again.

Now those days are gone. With all the concept that this app has brought us so far, itā€™s really lovely to have such companion against the evil companies that only care about gathering and collecting your personal info and data. Or even bombing you with annoying ads right on your face, that is.

I donā€™t have enough words for thanking so much for this project. Iā€™ll try to keep the translations up to date when they come out and keep supporting it whenever itā€™s possible.

And also thanks for everyone who volunteered to help on maintaining and supporting the service and community to keep this on the road. @Sebastian, @Peter, @c_C and everyone else whoā€™s been helping us out are awesome people that need to be credited as well. Without you, none of this could be possible.
Thank you everyone for keeping this philosophy of FOSS to have long living! :grin:

All of best. Keep up the good work. :wink:

6 Likes

This is amazing to hear. I really appreciate such feedback, it motivates a lot to make the app even better.

I also thank every one you for creating the awesome team weā€™ve become!

2 Likes

New feedback

Just wanted to thank the developers.

Iā€™ve always liked the professionalism of the development team. Good job!

Thatā€™s cool man Iā€™ve used every ad blocker, firewall, host blocker and adguard and blokada are the two strongest after testing + also UHB but thatā€™s only for jailbroken users

I like Blokada, nice app

Literally, the best adblocker based on hosts filtration

Blokada is the best system wide adblocker

Using Blokada on my Samsung with Adguard DNS and loving it. :blush:

Just like to tell yall at Blokada that your app is just the best. What I do is when i get my hands on anyones phone that doesnt use a VPN, I just install it quickly, hide the app, and then give it back to them.
Then they then tell me a day later, ā€˜i know you did something on my phone, you sly fox, wellā€¦whatever you did thanks anyways I have no adds!!!ā€™
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Feedback on v5.5 Android: Very nice is the personalized blacklist, a nice overview to switch on and off :slightly_smiling_face::wink:

[about Exodus privacy list] Again a few barn doors closed [potentially data exposing domains blocked], there is nothing potentially better for us normal users, keep it up :clap:

Anyway new website are pretty awesome :blush:

Blokada DNS, stable, trouble-free, fast, pretty good work, congrads, thx :+1::clap::slightly_smiling_face:

:grinning:Keep up the good work!

I think the Blokada App is very successful and it works fantastic in the background. I am looking forward to updates.

This project becomes more and more daring & ambitious with every release.

Nice I like the new look!

Thanks for the good and understandable answer, you are a great moderator team :+1:

Just like to tell yall at Blokada that your app is just the best. What I do is when i get my hands on anyones phone that doesnt use a VPN, I just install it quickly, hide the app, and then give it back to them.
Then they then tell me a day later, ā€˜i know you did something on my phone, you sly fox, wellā€¦whatever you did thanks anyways I have no adds!!!ā€™
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi, I enjoyed getting to know and love this app in a few weeks =)

I love this app btw :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Imagine life with 139K ads and trackersā€¦ For reference, my other phone is 656Kā€¦ Thank you Blokada!

By far loving blokadaā€¦

Anyways Thanks the blokada developers for this gem.

i like the gui of v5 though its simple and minimalist

thank you (the Blokada team) for the app :slight_smile:

Btw, the v5 code base is as clean as it gets. Amazing!

I have to give credit where itā€™s due you guys have done a fantastic job.
Apple couldnā€™t have done better and most VPN s in the App Store are second rate compared to the operations of Blokada I thank you and you have my utmost respect. Have a great day and a drink on me. :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a new user of Blokada and impressed with how it works great on my phone, thanks to the developer for making this great app.

4 Likes

Hey! How do I join the channel on Telegram, Blokada?

2 Likes

Greetings, @Karol!

At the outset, I apologize for my hiatus from the Blokada community forum ā€“ which was undesired and unavoidable.

(Aside: I hope none of the participants in this forum takes your health for granted ā€“ and I encourage you never to do so.) :slight_smile:

I just wanted, @Karol and the entire Blokada team of developers and testers, to post a, belated, message of thanks for your dedication, ongoing and detailed communication with users, and your high quality coding (creating and constantly improving an innovative project).

I realize, of course, that a donation to help fund Blokada would be far more useful than me expressing gratitude! I pray and hope, and am struggling, to be in a position, finally, in which I can offer financial support to Blokada. (Giving up during adversity, however, is not in my plans!) :grin:

Cordially,

David*

• ā€¦Who has surprisingly not yet upgraded to Debian 11 (ā€œBusterā€)! :penguin:
2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words!