Say hi and welcome!

Hi :smile:
Mick is in da house. Only 'cos it’s raining, otherwise I’d be out da house in da sunshine. :yellow_circle: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Haha, sunshine is the best. Welcome Mick!

2 Likes

Hello
I’m Ronnie this app is AWESOME

5 Likes

Hallo
I’m Kazushi. I’m translating blokada to Japanese.

7 Likes

Hey @RRS67,
welcome and thank you very much for this feedback:)!

Hello @kazushi3,
happy to have you here! Thanks for your work, make sure to check the translators category;)

2 Likes

Hi, cranialeros here. My name is a physiological/psychological play on the myth of two primal gods in Greek mythology, Psyche and Eros. I write erotica and sometimes fan fiction. I’m not tech savvy; however, I am here to learn more about the features of Blokada. I value privacy and freedom and am thankful for having found this app while scouring DuckDuckGo a couple of years ago since it has met most of my requirements thus far. I have a friend in the ad industry who is there for the pay and is easy to extract the dirty little secrets out of. It’s not pretty.

4 Likes

Hi @cranialeros, welcome! I’m curious, where can we find your work?

1 Like

Hello to everyone! I’m excited that there is such a great community. I will try to get some useful involvement.

3 Likes

Welcome, welcome:D
Happy to know you are getting involved:)! If there’s anything to help you with be sure to ask:)

1 Like

I mainly have garbage fan fiction floating around online. I’m on Wattpad where an original work of mine is hidden amongst the wreckage and Archive of Our Own under the user name CrookedMath. The good stuff is in AO3. The older stuff isn’t really erotic, and there is cross posting for the views. My original work is homeless right now; however, I’m digging around trying to find something original I can get away with posting on Wattpad. My originals are enough to make Marquis de Sade blush. I guess I need my own website. Shameless plug: read Of Rituals and Desire. It’s a sneak peek into the erotic epic fantasy I’m working on.

2 Likes

Hello!
I’m badmojr. I love blocking bad stuff (ads, trackers,popups, etc) from reaching my devices & eyes.
And yes, I’m boring as hell…

3 Likes

Hahaha, you are selling yourself short here:)!
You are active in some projects - like maintaining your host list 1hosts. So, no - you are not boring, I have to contradict you there!
Welcome to the forum @badmojr, happy to see you around:)

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Does Blokada Plus block YouTube ads?

سلام
از زحمات شما سپاسگزاریم

1 Like

hi :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all together,
I’m Joe and use blokada to make my phone e little bit more privat.
Thanks for help.
All the best to the blokada team and carry on like this.
Joe

2 Likes

Welcome everyone:D
Happy you guys joined us and thank you for your kind words:)

1 Like

Greetings, @Karol, and everyone else!

I am glad to be part of the Blokada community, and my hope is that I will be able, in whatever capacity, to help the Blokada project and the community.

I may be unable to make a financial donation at present, but I hope to contribute to Blokada – and to learn – in a volunteer capacity.

Cordially,

David

2 Likes

Hi @dmdickerson, we are happy you joined our community. Any kind of help is always appreciated! Take a look around the forum. Even if you just hang out with us, that’s also cool!

2 Likes

Greetings, @Karol!

Thank you for your welcome and advice on ways to contribute to Blokada.

I still need to add details about myself to my profile, to help engender trust and to summarize briefly my experience with software and technology, as well as indicate my experience with, and importance of, GNU/Linux and free/libre software.

I have used Debian GNU/Linux as my primary platform for almost two decades, and currently run it on my laptop and tower, but have no plans to try installing it on my Android phone. :wink:

I do, by the way, have experience using DNS over HTTPS (DoH) and DNS over TLS (DoT) on Debian, and have been exploring the predominant (most mature) options for the latter. I have been using NLnet Labs’s validating, recursive, caching DNS resolver, Unbound – although, with Debian stable, deciding on whether to run the included version of a given package is always an important feature, to avoid “breaking” the security and stability of Debian.

I have written documentation for software, operating systems, and hardware. I also have experience beta-testing software, technical support, and QA. I started hand-coding HTML in the early 1990s and had the privately of contributing to the Web sites of organizations such as the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (where I was contract webmaster in 1996), USHMM.org, and the International Education and Resource Network, iEARN.org.

I do hope, @Karol, that I can, indeed, help Blokada. (I admit that I have not yet tried the beta release of Blokada 5, simply because I understand there are stability issues I realize I must consider.)

Thanks, again!

Cordially,

David

2 Likes