Moto g7 doesn't get Hulu's ads blocked

Hmhm, which is not possible. This must be frustrating for you. I just had one more thought. If you are on a PC (the site is not optimized for mobile usage be sure to use a laptop or similar - I just wasted… some… time… trying to search^^) check the website filterlists.com. Search the description of the lists for ‘hulu’. Let’s see whether someone faced the same problem and found a solution. If you find something, don’t be too excited till you checked the compatible apps. Do you see a Blokada logo there? If not you cannot use these lists, as they work differently. (And for a custom Block lists to be added you would have to downgrade to v4, as this feature is not yet ported to v5, but that’s something to be concerned about if you find a compatible list)
How much more time do you want to invest into this issue? Because I maybe found something helpful for trying to manually block at least some of these ads…

Happy that you found a way to get rid of these ads at least:)! Btw welcome to the Blokada power users - you already configured more than normal users;)

And sorry about the glitch - let’s hope that doesn’t happen again:)!

Yeah, solitaire app already loaded an in house ad(for another game by the same company), and one for a different company altogether. So verified not working.

Okaydokey

• is ‘Keep alive enabled’? If not, please enable it. Afterwards clear the Cache and check again.
  • could you please link to the download page of the solitaire app? I’d like to verify whether I can see ads there or whether I can’t. Currently -in my opinion- it is very strange that you still see ads in basic apps. They should normally be blocked. If I don’t see ads but you do, we will have to check further what could cause this.

Where is the “keep alive” setting?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilityware.solitaire is the solitaire app in question.

Tap on the icon on the bottom right. You should be in the settings menu. Tap ‘This device’ then scroll to the bottom click ‘open VPN profile’. There enable (probably via the gear wheel) the ‘Always-on-VPN’ option for Blokada.

I’ll check it out and report back tomorrow or so. Might take a while - I am no solitaire player;)

Always on is active. I can’t activate block connections without VPN or it prevents all internet connections, no matter which settings I tweak.

That is good:)

And that is to be expected, except if you buy a Blokada Plus subscription - check this article:

I played two rounds of the game and no ad appeared. Is it in single player mode or do you have to play multiplayer to see the ads or when are they presented:)?

They show up just before most games, and start loading as soon as the game is loaded.

Okay, I don’t get amy ads. Could you please share your log with us via hello@blokada.org? That’s probably the easiest way to troubleshoot this right now. Mention that the log should be forwarded to me (so to C).
Check this article for a description on how to do this:
How to share the log when reporting an issue?

Sent.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’ll try to check it today:)

Hey there, bad news… the log didn’t reach us so far:/
If you use Telegram, please send the log to @ja_ne_doe.
Otherwise, could you please try to resend the mail and make sure the adress is NOT blockada, but blokada?

Address: hello@blokada.org
Subject: Requested Blokada log data

Thank you very much. I hopefully will be able to check it on Monday then.
-> in the meantime:

• did you change anything in the apps menu?
  • is private DNS in your system settings disabled? If not please disable it (‘off’, not ‘automatic’).

Not that I know of, and yes it is off.

1 Like

So this is really strange… we cannot find either of your mails in our inbox…
Is there a possibility that you share the log via Telegram? Otherwise I can give you another mail adress in PM. Which option would you prefer?

Edit: maybe we can share the file via a PM here as well. Let’s try that:)

I only sent it once, did you want me to resend the email? I missed it if you said that.

All good, let’s continue via PM for now:)

Summary:

Hulu ads are not being blocked.

If you block these domains:

solitaire.prod.cardsuite.ext.mobilityware.com
identity.prod.platform.ext.mobilityware.com
live.chartboost.com
in.treasuredata.com
mobilityware.helpshift.com
api.prod.mwx.ext.mobilityware.com
play.king.com
noanswer.mwx.mobilityware.com
spire.aarki.net
ecommerce.iap.unity3d.com
params.prod.platform.ext.mobilityware.com

only image ads should be shown in Solitaire collection.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.