Missing to add manually add domains

Hello,

To directly help you the best way possible please provide the following information:

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
  1. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?

Xiaomi Mi 9 lite
Stock ROM
Android OS 11

1. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.

For quite some time I’m missing the feature to add/type in domains to block? Where is it?

1. Since when are you facing this issue?

Since Blokada 5

1. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.

No idea.

Blokada version 5 does not have manual adding of domains feature as of now but might come at a later date.

Wait… what? Oo

I updated accidentally, but before that I used a VPN to my Pi-Hole so I didn’t miss anything. But when I looked into preferences and was kinda shocked.

Looking back; Blokada 5 goes back one year in the past, since beta and you are telling me, I can’t add domains nor blocklists manually?

So: What is the focus in Blokada 5 if the settings are only integrated in such a rudimentary way?

I think their (developers) focus was on simplicity first and add more features as they go.
The only way to add a domain is to come across it in the activity tab, that is case currently.

1 Like

Well, to make something simple you don’t need one year. imho

The missing functions are already there in Blokada 4. And what pops out the most in Blokada 5 is the microtransaction stuff. Right? ^^

Anyways I’m back to Wireguard and Pi-Hole. I just had hoped Blokada 5 would be on the same level as Blokada 4 and not vice versa.

It seems to me personally that Blokada 5 was designed with the intention to appeal to a wider audience by being simpler than Blokada 4, which also unfortunately means much less powerful. I can understand the desire to attract more users, but Blokada 5 seems to be targeted at an audience level that won’t be downloading apps outside of the Play Store, where the non-slim version isn’t available anyway. Blokada 5 should at least have an advanced mode that could be activated to have the missing functionality that is available in Blokada 4, so the core users of Blokada could upgrade and two different versions wouldn’t have to be supported.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.