Frequently "disconnected from always-on VPN" on Android

Downloaded Blokada 5 (v22.4.20) from official site.
Device is OnePlus 7 Pro with Android 10. Rooted, but no custom rom installed.

About a month or so ago I began to get the “api request failed” error that many others were getting. Updating to the latest version fixed that. However, since then, I will often notice a persistent notification that says “Disconnected from always-on VPN”. When I open the Blokada app, the ring is highlighted as if connected (but it’s not really), but then after a few seconds it goes white and says “please wait” and then it “turns back on”. At this point the notification also goes away because the connection has been re-established.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi, it may be that the VPN profile got stuck. Please try to remove it the following way:

System Settings app → VPN → Blokada (tap the info icon) → Delete VPN

Then go to the Blokada app again and try to activate it by tapping the big power button.

If this won’t help and you still get an error, please tap the help icon in the top right and Share log. Send it to hello@blokada.org, and we will look at what’s happening.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
I’ve followed your instructions. I’m going to give it a few days to make sure the problem is gone, and then I’ll report back here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.