Blokada 5 disconnecting and crashing frequently

I’m having the same issue that was reported by another user here: Blockada 5 disconnecting VPN

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
    Blokada.org website

2. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?
    Stock Android 13, Google Pixel 7 Pro

3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.
    I get the “Unable to connect to always-on VPN” notification or Blokada just shows “Unavailable” on the quick settings tile. Sometimes I can tap it to turn it back on or long press to go into the app, but sometimes it goes to the app which is hung with a blank screen; I have to force kill the app to make it restart. This seems to happen most often when my cell signal is weak or changes sources a lot, but it also happens sometimes on stable Wi-Fi connections. Sometimes when this happens, the app seems to be doing something indeterminate in the background that makes my phone get very hot and it rapidly drains the battery. If this happens, I usually have to restart my phone. It’s actually doing it right now, which is what prompted this. My phone is at 55% SOC currently and Android reports that Blokada has used 17% since the last full charge, which is an absurd amount.

4. Since when are you facing this issue?
    This began several months ago; I don’t recall exactly when. It seemed infrequent enough at first that I ignored it, so I don’t really remember.

5. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.
    I’ve cleared app data. I’ve reinstalled the app and run it with a minimal blocklist. I’ve checked to make sure it’s allowed unrestricted battery.

Let me know how I can help solve this issue.
Thanks!

Hey,

This seems unusual and to be honest, I’m not entirely sure what could be causing this.

Can you send over your log?

Log provided by email to hello@blokada.org
Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.