F-droid update is not reliable

Hello friends,

I am sharing this short announcement since so many of you have been encountering issues with the latest F-droid update of Blokada 5 v22.3.8 and I wanted to clarify that Blokada team did not share any updates on F-droid.

We have stopped updating Blokada on F-droid for a while now, and the issues encountered just to show that the apk available on F-droid is not reliable. We checked the APK and there were no threats or malicious code that could threaten your phone’s activity.

THE VERSION SHARED ON F-DROID IS SAFE BUT HAS SOME SMALL ISSUES LIKE THE ERROR MESSAGE ABOUT THE PRIVATE DNS.

I would like to invite all the users who have downloaded Blokada’s update from F-droid to delete it and install it from the one and only reliable source for downloading Blokada 5 and it’s our website blokada.org .

1 Like

Who shares updates of Blokada on F-Droid?
Who takes care of the F-Droid channel?
Why isn’t it reliable?

I as a Blokada and F-Droid user would feel much better, if F-Droid was reliable.

1 Like

Recently, I’ve had problems updating apps on f-droid due to the apps being signed with different keys despite the original install coming from f-droid itself. No choice but to uninstall and reinstall.

1 Like

More about this topic here:

2 Likes