Blokada 5 available now on F-Droid

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to let you know that we finally finished the F-Droid acceptance review, and from now on, Blokada 5 is also available on F-Droid.

You’ll now find both Blokada 4 and Blokada 5 on F-Droid, so you can choose which one you want to use. Please make sure you don’t install both at once.

Here are the links for you:

Blokada 5 on F-Droid:

https://f-droid.org/packages/org.blokada.fem.fdroid/

Blokada 4 on F-Droid:

https://f-droid.org/packages/org.blokada.alarm/

Other news

A few more quick updates for you, unrelated to F-Droid.

1. So we’re currently rolling out Blokada 5 to existing (non F-Droid) Blokada 4 users. You may skip this update if you don’t want to migrate. If you did migrate, and are experiencing any issues with the adblocking, double check your blocklist selection (Advanced → Blocklists), or try clearing app data. Learn more.
  2. As every second Friday, today we’re releasing Blokada 5.6 to the beta channel. This channel is only accessible if you install the beta apk from our homepage.

As always, don’t hesitate to ask your question on our forum, if you have any problems.

Remember that using Blokada Plus or donating is what makes it possible for us to keep improving the app. Thanks!

Tap to Donate

Tap for more donate options

4 Likes

Still having the same issue that error message app not installed when reinstall V5.5 after uninstall v4 and restart note 10 plus with android 11 and with the security updated. Btw, I had also installed blokade plus in the secure folder, whether this need to uninstall too to resolve this issue? I really regret uninstall V4.9

Don’t mix up sources where you install Blokada from, or Blokada 5 and 4. If you use F-droid, install from F-droid. If you use secure folders or other device-specific multi user features, make sure you have one Blokada installation.

Thank you. But I’m not interested anymore…

If you’re not interested in anything here you might as well delete your account or simply stop using your Blokada forum account :slight_smile:
You didn’t have to create an account to tell us just that xD
If you need assistance with the deletion of your account just let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fyi I downloaded v5 from F-droid onto a new fire tablet-so far so good.

Will update either here or telegram on how it’s working.

1 Like