Blokada Cloud blocks fewer domains than app

Just reporting it’s worse for now, but I’m sure it will get better.

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
    This forum.
  2. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?
    LG G8 with stock Android 10
  3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.
    Using the default block list and the test page linked in your guide on the cloud, I went from like 81% to 75%. Stuff like Facebook trackers used to be blocked and now they aren’t, and the cloud version no longer blocks Crackle ads, which in my case makes it almost unusable since it likes to go back two add breaks ago if you so much as pause it or switch to a different app.
  4. Since when are you facing this issue?
    Just started testing it now, I only subscribed to blokada plus for the battery life, the cloud means I won’t need the plus subscription anymore, which means I don’t have to remember to disable it if I want to watch Hulu Amazon prime access texts on my computer or enter messages in online Playstation games, for instance, so I REALLY hope this gets fixed soon.

Hi Devin, thanks for the early feedback. Appreciating!

We are currently using non-wildcards OISD blocklist as the default for the Cloud. There is no wildcards support yet. I think once we introduce it, you’ll get the exact same coverage as with the app. We hope to have it in place quite soon!

Thanks for the heads-up, I look forward to ditching the app version. Also, since cloud can be used on any device, someone should make a block list that is specifically designed for smart tvs and streaming sticks, since cloud makes it usable on stuff you couldn’t download blokada on before or had the specs to keep it running in the background. I think there’s one but it has to be downloaded first, it’s not an option right there in the list. Now that cloud can be used on any streaming stick or box or TV, something like it should be added. Just my 2 cents.

Sure… Why not. If you’ve anything specific in mind, let us know. We’re not maintaining any lists, we’re just offering third party lists for you to choose from. I personally had V4 running on my FireTV Stick like a charm. Trackers don’t really change hence blokada is already blocking a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fair enough. Is there a list like the default one that also blocks video ads on desktop sites and not just mobile? I don’t mean youtube ads. Seems weird it only blocks mobile video ads.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.