I find that Blokada is blocking the functionality of some apps, even when I have them whitelisted. So far I’ve noticed this with:
- Tusky (Mastodon Client)
- Protonmail Secure email
Android version 4,10,0 (Android-26 full official arm64-v8a samsung-hero2qlteue touch api compatible)
To directly help you the best way possible please provide the following information:
- Where did you download Blokada from? Blokada.org
- Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using? Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - stock OS
Kernel Version 3.18.71-14970120
- Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Whenever I attempt to use Tusky or Protonmail, the interfaces for the applications load without any issues. However, when they attempt to connect to their servers, the process fails. Both applications indicate a failure to connect to their server.
- Since when are you facing this issue? Once I installed Blokada
- Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.
Yes, I added the programs to the exemption/white list and I also checked any hosts that came up in order to ensure they weren’t blocked. For Tusky, I specifically added the Mastodon domain I am connecting to on the whitelist.
I am using the following block lists:
- StevenBlack Unified Porn
- Energized Blu (recommended)
I’ll also note that Blokada blocked many apps when I installed it including:
Podcast Addict - Blocked the download and update of podcasts and metadata, even though no domains for those podcasts were blocked
Republic Wireless - Necessary for my cell phone provider
Republic Anywhere - Mesaging app from my cell phone provider
Again, the apps ran but couldn’t connect to their servers. However, whitelisting the apps on the Installed Apps list fixed the problem for the apps above but not for ProtonMail and Tusky.