Blokada allowing blocked hosts

Hello,
to make posting more easy, we created a guideline for you:
Please always include which platform you are on: Android or iOS. If you have a question about features feel welcome to ask it - if you face a problem, please follow this template:

Title: please select a meaningful title!
e.g. Blokada for Android doesn’t block ads in my-little-farm-animals app

To directly help you the best way possible please provide the following information:

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
    This website
  2. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?
    Regular OS 10 on a Galaxy S10
  3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.
    Blokada 4 had been working flawlessly on my phone for over a year but then I made the mistake of following an in app prompt and upgrading to 5 and now everything is a giant dumpster fire. 5 was a hot mess on my phone so I had to uninstall it and reinstall 4. Now facebook keeps being allowed to access my phone and mine my personal data no matter how many times I block it. I am serious anti-facebook, hate how is baked into Samsung phones, and my main concern with Blokada is that it’s allowing facebook to data mine my phone. Facebook.com always gets through now: the site, graphs, and more. This NEVER happened before I installed 5 and had to reinstall 4. Never. I’m so mad I messed with something that was working perfectly. Facebook and things that were blocked remained blocked before I updated…they weren’t always allowed to go through like this and it’s really concerning.
  4. Since when are you facing this issue?
    Since reinstalling 4.
  5. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.

Hi,
This issue cannot be caused by us. V4 did not change. Consider using Wildcards to block Facebook. Additionally: how did you discover that you’re still reaching Facebook?

I think it was because I had too many lists active. I only had a few but I think that was what was doing it. I only have one now and am manually blocking all facebook domains and I think it’s alright now. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.