Blokada doesn't work at all (any version)

Hi,

I’ve been using Blokada for years now and it worked always very well. But since yesterday nothing works anymore. Until then I used the most recent version from F-Droid. But yesterday, I saw that there’s an entire new Blokada version so I downloaded the .apks “blokada-v5.4.0” and “app-full-beta” directly from GitHub. None of them blocked any connection. I filtered the domain log by “blocked” but there was literally no entry. So I installed the F-Droid version again but I had to realize it doesn’t work as well (no connection blocked too, ads everywhere).

Here’s what I’ve tried:

• always-on VPN on/off
  • block connections without VPN on/off
  • Blokada DNS on/off (I didn’t set any internal DNS in Android)
  • different DNS services
  • download lists right now
  • synch lists

Nothing worked. What to do now?

Affected Blokada versions:

• 5.4.0 beta

My phone:

• Fairphone 3 (FP3)
  • /e/ OS based on Lineage OS based on Android 9
  • /e/ version 0.12-p-2020102981459-dev-FP3

Filter lists I’ve activated:

• StevenBlack Unified
  • Energized Basic, Blu and Regional
  • Goodbye Ads by Jerryn70
  • YouTube ad blocker by Jerryn70
  • Phishing Army Blocklist
  • DuckDuckGo Tracker Radar
  • Blacklist
  • Blacklist: Facebook
  • MVPS
  • AdAway
  • Dan Pollock’s hosts file
  • Peter Lowe’s hosts file
  • Social hosts file
  • Coin Blocker List

Hi there,
First off try reducing the amount of lists you chose.
Check your system for private dns settings as well. Make sure to set Private DNS to off and not to automatic.
Additionally do not use any other service that needs the vpn api at the same time as blokada.
Feel free to provide me with your v5 log in my PMs as well

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. Today, something strange happened: I didn’t do anything (literally nothing) and Blokada worked again. I have absolutely no clue what caused this issue or how it was solved. Sorry for everyone else having this problem

But I’ll delete some lists anyway :relaxed:

1 Like

This is basically the magical “drive your car to the mechanic and it’ll work at the mechanic” healing :slight_smile:
I like these the most

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.