I have a Huawei Mate 20 Pro phone with Android 10 / Miui 10.1. I used v4 of Blokada without any problems for many months. It blocked me about 600,000 ads based on its counter, so it was very useful. Blokada v5 always switches off in the background after a few minutes, even if I am actively using the phone and ads start showing up in some apps (e.g. e-book reader I am reading). v4 was working well and consistently, v5 does not.
Some more data:
- I have downloaded the apk from a third party server, I am NOT using the Play Store version
- The Huawei Store auto-update is DISABLED, so that shouldn’t trigger the auto-update from v4 to v5 either
- The Blokada app has been whitelisted so the phone does / should not auto-optimize battery usage and kill the app. All app/battery related permissions in v5 are the same as they were in v4, which worked well.
Because v5 does not stay open, I have downloaded v4.9 and reverted back to it. Regardless of the above actions (no Play store, no auto-update etc.), v4 gets updates to v5 within hours (or minutes) without my consent! My understanding was that updating to v5 is OPTIONAL! Any idea:
- Why v5 is being closed off all the time? (when v4 did not)
- More importantly, how can I STOP the app from auto-updating from v4 to v5. I personally prefer v4 as it seems more feature rich than v5, but that’s just my preference.
Many thanks for your help in sorting this out.