Unable to access Private DNS on home WiFi (using Cloud Blokada)

I have been using Blokada Cloud for some time with no issues on Android (Pixel 6a). Occasionally there are WiFi networks I come across that will not allow the Private DNS server, but I expected that. However, my home network had been working perfectly with the Private DNS until today. There have been no changes to the device or the network in the last 24 hours. I reset all network equipment and the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled/setup Blokada and the Private DNS settings. If I disconnect from the WiFi, Blokada is working on the cell network.

I have tried other DNS servers (such as dns.adguard.com) in the private DNS setting, and those have worked without issue; the only one I’m having problems with is my Blokada Cloud server.

1 Like

With no changes to my configuration, things actually just started working again. I’m chalking it up to something on the ISP side that wasn’t resolving the hostname properly for the Blokada server (at least that’s my best guess).

Hi there,

Thank you for posting about this, we would still like to hear from you if you face a similar issue in the future.

You can contact us at hello@blokada.org

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.