Regex , edit & backup hosts rules [request/suggestion]

Hello,

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
    Github

2. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?
    SM-N975F ** Yes **
    OS INFO:
    Root Existence: Yes
    Android Version: 10 ,
    Launcer: Samsung One UI v2.1
    Build Number: I N F I N I T Y - Q IF 7.0 Final (N975FXXU4CTE9)
    Build Description: d2sxx-user 10 QP1A.190711.020 N975FXXU4CTE9 release-keys

3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible.

A. Why regex expressions (e.g *.host.name) are not supported in hosts rules ?
Try *.applicaster.com with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.applicaster.il.ch1
Whitelisting the app didn’t help either it won’t load.

I needed to manually enter 3 hosts from the above regex for it to load (see attached pic) i didn’t write them because there isn’t an option to copy/edit hosts addresses there.

B. Why there isn’t an option to backup your hosts rules (last update I did v4.6.4->v4.7.3 it removed them)

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    Always

2. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.
    Yes, manually entered several domains to the whitelist

TnxAlot
Roey

1 Like

Hi,
Instead of regex you can use the newly implemented wildcards :slight_smile:

1 Like

A link would be nice…
I’ll search for it
TNX :wink:

Unluckily I cannot create a link to your local app :stuck_out_tongue:
Adblocker - > Adblocker Settings - > Wildcards - > On

1 Like

Enable ’ [BETA] Advanced ad blocking rules’ in Ad blocking / Ad blocking Settings. That’s it.
Two things remain:
Will it work with whitelist as well?
Why I cannot edit (I can only copy from the logger) & Why I cannot backup these domains (both white&black lists)?
TIA M8 :+1:

Backup solutions aren’t implemented at this point.
They’ll be added later on. Editing will be considered as well. You can write the domain though.
The functionality is still in a beta phase as you can see.
Wildcards only apply to blocked domains, not to whitelsited domains

3 Likes

I cannot neither add a blocked/unresolved domain address directly to the the whitelist (cannot upload pics…newuser) nor even copy that address.
I have to do it manually and that’s very annoying.
Need a fix ASAP.
TIA

1 Like

Okay, I hear you. Different features will be implemented over the next months on v5. Which feature gets prioritized depends on how often it gets requested. If you have a request for v4 be welcome to make a new topic in our Feedback category.
It honestly isn’t encouraging if you put an ASAP at the end… sounds like you are demanding something to me… and that is not motivating unfortunately.

2 Likes