I’m using Blokada 4 (downloaded from F-Droid)
Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S with official EEA ROM on android 10.
Voice typing is enabled on my device with offline packages installed.
However, voice typing doesn’t open/initialise when blokada is running AND not connected to the internet (wether Wifi or cellular network)
To sum up:
- Connection to the internet ON + Blokada ON: -> voice typing OK
- Connection to the internet OFF + Blokada ON: -> voice typing KO
- Connection to the internet ON + Blokada OFF: -> voice typing OK
- Connection to the internet OFF + Blokada OFF: -> voice typing OK
To start voice typing, use the gboard keyboard and touch the “microphone” icon.
- Voice Typing OK means it invites the user to speak, records and transcripts what I said.
- Voice Typing KO means it show very fast “intialising” and then it seems to abort and there is no possibility to record anything.
- Connection to the internet means: either by WIFI or by Cellular network
I also tried to allow all applications and all system applications to bypass blokada, this didn’t fix the issue.
Anyone else experiences this ? Do you have any workaround or shall I file a bug report ?