Blokada seems to affect network detection (wifi or cellular data) of Youtube apps

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
    => Blokada.org

2. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?
    => Xiaomi Mi A3, Stock Android 10

3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.
    => When Blokada is on, certain application’s network detection is incorrect. For example, I have Blokada on and I am using wifi. When I try to download music in the Youtube Music app, it will say “Waiting for Wi-Fi”. I have the “Download over Wi-Fi only” option checked. This also happens on the Youtube app when I try to download a video to watch offline.

4. Since when are you facing this issue?
    => When updated to Blokada 5

5. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.
    => If I turn off Blokada, the music/video will get downloaded normally. I have the “Download over Wi-Fi only” option still checked and I am using wifi.

Sorry if this is a duplicate issue. I tried searching through the community and I don’t think anyone brought up these issues yet.

1 Like

Hi @g8899
I’ve just found another topic which has the same subject:

Unfortunately I don’t have a solution for this issue at the moment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.