Blokada for Android doesn't block ads in Chrome

That’s… Weird.
I have the same chrome version yet one more settings than you have

Definitely weird, but that has been my Privacy setting page for as long as I remember.

A search on the internet reveals that the Secure DNS setting was introduced in v.85 of Chrome for Android on a rolling release basis, effective the beginning of Sep. Obviously, this has not reached my version of Chrome yet.

There are times when my own stupidity amazes me. I decided to search my Chrome flag settings and sure enough, there was a old flag going back multiple versions that set Secure DNS to “Enabled”. I changed this setting to “Default” and the setting for Secure DNS immediately appeared in my Privacy settings.

Hey guys, how about using a different browser and not use Chrome?
It’s a mind blowing idea, I know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there,

I just tried these steps (except secure dns and async dns which aren’t available on my chrome version, 86.0.4240.110) about 5 hours ago and ads are gone so far.

Maybe this has done the trick :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried all it doesn’t block ads for me, help

1 Like

Did you clear data and restarted chrome?

If none of the methods suggested before works, you should try other chromium based browsers. I used bromite for the last two months and it’s very similar to chrome, except for cloud features.

Ad block on chrome was working flawlessly with blokada 5 without changing anything in Chrome. However, after I updated blokada to version 5.3.0 and now no matter what, ad block does not work. There are some issues with encrypting DNS. Blokada always says encryption low even though I set DNS to cloudflare. I do not have previous version apk and I can’t find it anywhere on blokada site either. Can someone help me find old versions for blokada 5?

Update: I have installed version 4.8.5 from f-Droid and ad block is working in Chrome without changing any settings.

2 Likes

Adblocking isn’t working for me in Chrome, I tried all the above methods, I’m on 4.8.5, though it works with adguard app but too much battery drain, is there a way to get blokada working in Chrome

Yes i did that

Hey there,
is private DNS disabled. That’s a setting in your system settings. Turn it to ‘off’. It’s the same as the secure DNS thing mentioned by Print but systemwide and can interfer with Blokada.
If that was not the problem please list the things you tried/changed to make it work:)

Does Blokada work with the Bromite browser? Or do I have to disable the option: Secure DNS in the Bromite browser?

All I can say is: It works for me

1 Like

OK Thanks for the hint. Do I have to set anything in the browser itself?

Shouldn’t be necessary. No

1 Like

Same for me 9T Pro on MIUI 10.3.4 Android 9, version 5.3 - 5.5 does not block ads at all so I rolled back to 5.2.1.

All tips in this thread had no impact.

I see that on old version I have medium DNS encryption message in Advanced settings and low in new app versions.

1 Like

That is because you changed the dns server from a DoH server to a non DoH server.

But if no-one reports Bugs and looks for solutions with us for the most recent version then how are we supposed to fix stuff?

1 Like