Title: Blokada for Mac blocking maybe 10% of what it should
- Where did you download Blokada from? Profile from Blokada website
- Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using? Mac OS 13.0.1
- Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. My two Macs are having much less luck blocking ads then my iOS devices. I’m blocking specific domains and they’re still getting through. When I run the adblock tester, I get 10% on desktop vs. 97% on mobile.
- Since when are you facing this issue? Last two days (first usage)
- Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? Deleted al other VPN or profiles extant on computer. Deleted and redownloaded config settings.
Please install the Blokada Cloud profile available on app.blokada.org, navigate to Blokada Cloud → Setup → macOS.
After installing the profile, you also need to activate it. You do this by going to system settings → Network → “Filter and proxies”. Make sure the blokada DNS-configuration says “activated”.
If all this checks out and you still see ads, you might be using custom settings in your browser. Please disable any 3rd party DoH/DoT settings as well as any VPN configurations.
Let me know if you need further help on any of the steps above
I did follow the installation instructions (including, as noted in the ticket, uninstalling and reinstalling the profile). Across two Macs with no others VPN or filter profiles, with multiple browsers with no extensions, I’m still seeing the same issues.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.