Blokada 5S stuck on boot-up in Bluestacks Android emulator

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
    The Google Play store within the emulator, however the issue happens in the APK version as well.

2. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?
    The emulated device is a OnePlus 5. I don’t know what Android version it is running, and I don’t think it’s using any sort of custom ROM. The OS I’m running Bluestacks on is a Windows PC. The computer is more than capable of running multiple things at once, so specs not the issue.

3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.
    When the app is opened, a white screen with the Blokada logo appears with a notification stating that it’s deactivated. Pressing “TURN ON” and “HIDE” both do nothing, but after clicking on the notification enough times I can set whether or not I wish to hide notifications from Blokada entirely (this happens whether “TURN ON” or “HIDE” are selected). This screen seems to stay either indefinitely or for an extremely long time (which is an issue either way). The notification persists into other apps, and seems to be the only indication that Blokada is running at all. Ads are not blocked. If the notification is swiped up, it will come back relatively soon, but not instantly.

4. Since when are you facing this issue?
    Since I downloaded the app, yesterday. I have been entirely unable to get it to run past this screen.

5. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so, please state what you did.
    Yes, I cleared the app cache in settings and I also attempted to find VPN settings to no avail. The issue persisted.

Hi,
Blokada isn’t meant to be working on Emulators.

it has been working beautifully in bluestacks for years…the update to version 5 completely broke it. Would love to see the functionality restored.

Hi,
Bluestacks was never supported.
So that was just pure luck

Have you tried switching back to 4.9? If that one did work on bluestacks ok.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.