Blokada 5 not staying active once phone restarts

Hello,
to make posting more easy, we created a guideline for you:
Please always include which platform you are on: Android or iOS. If you have a question about features feel welcome to ask it - if you face a problem, please follow this template:

Title: please select a meaningful title!
e.g. Blokada for Android doesn’t block ads in my-little-farm-animals app

To directly help you the best way possible please provide the following information:

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
    The website directly.

2. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?
    No, just a plain old Samsung Galaxy S10 on regular OS 10.

3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.
    My phone is set to restart each morning. When it does, the Blokada never starts on boot. Blokada 4 worked on this phone with the same settings for over a year, but 5 keeps deactivating even though I have it toggled under the VPN settings to Always-On VPN just like I had with 4. Nothing’s different, it just untoggles itself and is deactivated after rebooting. Something 4 never did.

4. Since when are you facing this issue?
    Since shortly after installing.

5. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.
    Checked the settings.

Had a similar problem here. Turned out that, for some reason yet to be determined, Blokada was installed on my SD Card. Moved the install back to internal memory, and no more problems with VPN starting on reboot. Worth checking out.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just confirmed it’s installed on the internal storage, not the SD card.

Hello! Please disable Battery Optimization for Blokada 5. Enable Keep Alive in Settings > This Device > Advanced. Also, as you mentioned above, make sure Always-on-vpn is also enabled.

1 Like

Battery Optimization is disabled for Blokada and every time I enable Keep Alive in settings, it is disabled again and toggled off upon restart. This never happened with Blokada 4. May need to go back to that.

I’m going back to blokada 4. I pulled down the notification menu immediately when the I unlocked my phone for the first time after reboot and it was on and running. Then as the phone continued to load things, I watched as the keep alive notification went from showing what it was actively blocking to -deactivated- I clicked on it to “turn on” and nothing happens. I launch the app to reactivate it and again I got the error on launching the app: “Oops, an unknown error has occurred…” Then closes the alert with the line: "debug info: revoked"and every time I try to click the activate button it says “one more step” to setting up the vpn again and I try to click the yellow bar that goes through the vpn setup all over again and nothing happens. Can’t even activate it!
This is a nightmare. I’m going back to blokada 4 and uninstalling this. That was rock solid and reliable, this is a mess.

Before and after reboot. I’ve had my phone set to reboot every morning since I’ve gotten it, this was never an issue with Blokada 4.

After…

Clicking continue, nothing happens. Can’t use it.

I just even updated to the Blokada 5.6 update that I saw this morning and the issues persisted. Couldn’t even activate it at all, pressed the round button to activate it and nothing would happen. It was a mess. I uninstalled it. I have Blokada 4 back and running perfectly from the start. No crazy issues with the VPN settings deactivating, no disabling. Restarted the phone to be sure and it just kicked in and stayed on as usual. No problems. Just runs beautifully. Think I’m just going to stick with this. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.