Blokada 5 on Android keeps blocking ads in whitelisted apps

1. Where did you download Blokada from?

go.blokada.org/apk5

1. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?

Samsung Galaxy A32, official ROM, Android 13.

1. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.

Regardless of whether I add an app to the “BYPASSED” list, Blokada still seems to block ads; these are idle games where ads give bonuses and don’t pop up by themselves. Whenever Blokada crashes, I can view an ad for a moment, but when it comes back up the issue appears again.

The device has been rebooted many times since this has started happening, and nothing has been solved as of yet.

I have observed that, if I allow the googleads.g.doubleclick.net domain, things suddenly work; also, if I make com.google.android.gms a bypassed app, things also work; however, neither is a solution for me, since I want to block ads in most apps.

I have seen a couple other posts regarding this, but both are from 2020 and I suspect things might’ve changed since.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?

Since I first whitelisted an app.

1. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.

I’m not sure how I would go about trying to solve this. As I said above, the two things that make things work are not solutions.

Hi, can you share your account ID in a private message or through hello@blokada.org?

We’ll look closely into this.

(ID has been sent.)

Thank you for reaching out with your issue. Based on your description, it seems like the problem might be related to a common Android ad service framework that’s used across multiple apps.

This framework, managed by Google, serves ads to apps, and it’s not the individual apps themselves serving those ads. When you add your game to be bypassed, it appears that Blokada continues to block ads because they are coming from this common framework and not the game app itself.

There is currently no way to allow this framework to serve ads only for a specific list of apps while blocking it for others. This is because the ads are not managed on a per-app basis, but through the centralized Google ad service.

Ah, that’s what I feared; thanks for answering!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.