Blokada 4 not working properly on Android 5

Hello,

I’ve recently installed Blokada on my mother’s tablet, and it seemed to work for a while… until it didn’t. Turning it off and on again seemed to fix it… until it stopped working again. And again. And again.

After noticing that every time I turned it off and on again, it requested to create a new local VPN profile, I searched it on the Settings and found there is no VPN profile that the Android system can see. Even when Blokada is actually working, Android accuses no VPN profile. Please help.

PS: Even when Blokada is not working, it claims to be working. It just doesn’t filter requests, ergo doesn’t block anything.

PPS: I’ve set “keep alive” to “yes”, but since Android doesn’t accuse an active VPN profile, I don’t suppose that’s working either…

1. Where did you download Blokada from?

The official Blokada website.

1. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?

Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805M), TouchWiz Nature UX 3.0, Android 5.0.2 “Lollipop”.

1. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.

See above.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?

Since I installed Blokada 4 on my mother’s tablet, 4 days ago.

1. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.

Does the standard Bill Gates method (turning it off and on again) count?

That’s weird.
Please share a log with hello@blokada.org and include a link to this post

How do I do that?

PS: I think I may have isolated a pattern that I didn’t know of when I first posted this thread. My mom doesn’t like apps running in the background, so she always closed the Blokada window whenever she realised it was open, and that’s when Blokada stopped filtering requests. Turning it off, waiting a few seconds, and turning it on again makes it work again, but only for as long as the Blokada window is open in the background. We’ve been trying leaving it continuously open in background since I realised it, and it appears to be not have stopped working since.

I have sent the log to hello@blokada.org

what now?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.