Why do I need to grant VPN profile permissions?

When you start Blokada for the first time, you will be asked to allow to create a VPN Configuration. This is necessary for Blokada to function.

Blokada creates a “fake” VPN Configuration which allows it to block ads. This is not a real VPN (Virtual Private Network), so you will not get benefits of a VPN, like hidden IP address, changed location or speed. Those features are available in Blokada Plus.

Remember, Blokada does not monitor your private data at any point. It will only block connections towards advertising platforms.

35 Likes

why cant i do it on two devices

6 Likes

Hi,
I’m afraid I don’t understand your question

4 Likes

When i press the on botton then i press continue but it dose not work plz fix this

3 Likes

Hello,
That is not an issue of Blokada.
You’re most likely using a “blue light filter” of some sort that creates a custom overlay to work.
Disable the filter and try pressing the button again

6 Likes

I am also getting this issue. I do not have a filter of any sorts and it does show the button pressing animation, but it doesn’t do anything

2 Likes

Another thing you guys may try is to restart the device. Android sometimes borkes on this.

5 Likes

No Need

4 Likes

Hi,
No need for what?

3 Likes

The app is not working, even though I restarted my phone. I have an Asus ror phone 3 Strix edition running android 10.

4 Likes

“Not working” can mean a lot of things.
Please describe the issue as precisely as possible.

6 Likes

I’m Sorry, but a dont understand

5 Likes

Also having issues activating Blockada 5. Clicking continue does not work. Apparently there is a conflict with VPN profile settings. If I completely disable ExpressVPN in VPN profile, I can activate Blockada. But the moment I activate ExpressVPN it deactivates it. It’s either one or the other. Can’t have both active without one disabling the other. So Blockada is now useless unless I deactivate ExpressVPN.

4 Likes

That’s how Android works, you can have only one VPN app active at a time.

8 Likes

i understand it uses a fake vpn to block ads, is there anyway to use it while using the vpn i already paid for? sort of a vpn passthrough when a real vpn api is detected?

4 Likes

Hi,
No.
That’s not possible right now.

3 Likes

I need help with it

5 Likes

The net does not work after opening the blokada

4 Likes

No thats a real

6 Likes

hi its ok