V.5.3 not blocking ads that v.5.2.1 blocks on tablet (Android 9)

Well, it is only 2 days running 5.4.0 beta, and today, updating to 5.4.0 release on he beta channel. Before each update, I Forced Stop Blokada and cleared the cache (in Settings… Apps) for Chrome, Google and Blokada. In addition, prior to updating from 5.2.1 to 5.4.0 beta, I turned on the setting mentioned in my post above, I.E. I turned on “Unrestricted Data Usage” for Blokada 5 in the details section of Data Usage.

I can’t guarantee that this is the answer to getting 5.4.0 to properly block ads under Android 9 for others who have posted with the problem. If you care to try it, the steps are as follows:

1. In Settings… Apps…All Apps, find Chrome, select Storage, and clear the cache.
  2. Do the same for Google
  3. locate Blokada 5, Force Stop it from running (ignore the warning), then follow the above steps to clear it’s cache
  4. Update Blokada to 5.4.0.
  5. Restart your phone or tablet.

Once you update, activate Blokada 5 and then check to be sure your other settings carried forward. In my case, I used Cloudflare (DoH) for the first 12 hours, then changed the DNS setting to Blokada (DoH). So far, 5.4.0 has been successfully bloking all ads, as 5.2.1 did.

I don’t know if this will work for you, but it is worh a try.

Gregg