Temp. deactivation to get Hotspot Login Page

1. Where did you download Blokada from?

Apple AppStore (+ Blokada Cloud subscription)

2. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?

iPhone 11 Pro / iOS 16.3.1

3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.

I want to connect to a public Wifi (on German trains). To activate this, I need to confirm a prompt on the hotspot login page. This page is not opened while Blokada is active.

Turning off Blokada in the Blokada-app doesn’t help. I have to go to the system settings and revert back to the default DNS to get this to work.

There is even that “5-minute-deactivation”-mode in the app - but that doesn’t help if it is not falling back to the default DNS.

How do I set this up so that turning off Blokada in the Blokada-app is allowing the hotspot to bring up its login page?

4. Since when are you facing this issue?

Since at least 1 year.

5. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.

See above.

Hello,

Unfortunately there’s no way for an app to automatically disable this DNS setting for you, thus you need to do it yourself. The pause feature can only be used to stop filtering ads.
The reason why this login breaks is that the network is redirecting to their domain that only exists on their own local DNS server.

If you can figure out what the IP address to the router is (usually same as yours but .1 in the end), you might be able to bookmark this to browse the login page without their DNS being involved

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.