Start screen status information permanently turn off Blokada Android 8

Hello, how can I get this message window out of there permanently? I have always switched on Blokada and always see it under the clock when I am not using the device. I didn’t see anything in the guides and in discussions, but my English is not so fluent and I use a translator here.
I would be very grateful for help, because it bothers me a lot.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S7 Original ROM - Blokada by F-Droid
Best wishes
Jo

1 Like

Hello there and welcome to our community:)
Okay, let us find out about which notification you are talking about exactly:
does it look like
1:

2:
3:
4: or is it only the shield or key icon in your notification bar, something like this:
Or does it look completely different?
Hope we will be able to help you:)

3 Likes

Hello cC, thank you for the fast response :slightly_smiling_face:
no, none of that, here’s a screen shot of my lock screen :-/
Blokada_Sperrbildschirm_hdcp|281x500

2 Likes

A fellow German, how nice:D!
That’s basically something like the third picture, but on the Home screen. Good, now we know, what we are facing. This is a system-side notification. On some devices you can deactivate it by long-pressing the notification or swiping it to the left (a gear icon appears, tap that). On other devices this is not possible. Did you try these steps already?

2 Likes

Yes German, in the east, city of Leipzig :slight_smile:
Yes, I can wipe away other notifications, but this one is marked with a lock and probably that’s why it can’t be moved. But the hint with long press was helpful! By holding down the button I got options, I could switch off the notifications about the VPN status in the system - problem solved! I tried to find the setting location in the system myself to turn off all notifications on the start screen, but couldn’t get there. So by pressing and holding I will also turn off other things there permanently, then I don’t have to wipe away all the time, thanks! Very communicative these devices, but please not already on the lock screen when I just want to look at the clock :wink:
Thank you very much cC and I hope it helps maybe also others. Also a big thank you to all who work on Blokada!
Summer greetings!
Jo
Here are 2 screenshots of the solution
( Translated with www.DeepL.com )

I am only allowed one picture, so here is one link to the other :wink:
Foto_Benachrichtigung_Sperrbildschirm_VPN-Status

2 Likes

Haven’t had the chance to visit that city yet, unfortunately… but I am looking forward to doing that one day:D

Wuhu, I am very happy that you were able to find a solution!
I understand it, one doesn’t need these information on the lock screen, I totally agree.
Thank you very much for attaching the screenshots! I am sure this will help many users:)

In the name of the team: you are very welcome:D.
Have a great summer ahead of you.
cC :slight_smile:

1 Like