[Solved] A connectivity issue with Blokada 5.9

@Schwartz - yea restarts were done. Am not saying with cloud flare or google dns it didn’t work. Am saying for a brief time it worked and then there is abrupt drop of connection.
Am just comparing the experience with v 5.8 which was flawless. So in that sense I would assume there are bugs in this this version. Either a roll back or fixing is the need - am not liking any workarounds to be honest as it beats the purpose of using privacy blocker like Blokada

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback guys. I believe I have found the problem and made a fix. Could you please try downloading the update and report back if it helps for you?

If you downloaded from our homepage:

Or, if you downloaded from google play:

1 Like

Hey I have had random connection issues (total dropouts or terribly slow) for MONTHS! It really pissed me off and definitely was not a problem of 5.9 but way earlier. The problem was Dns: Blokada setting. Changed it to Google. Disabled encryption too. Seems to work now.

Downgraded Blokada from v5 to v4 because of this but then v4 had suddenly issues too. Looks like some v4 update screwed things too where it set to use Blokada DNS which caused the issues. I was lost.

Sorry but this really pissed me off and the devs should think about it. I know this app is FOSS and free but unwise development or updates make lots of users angry for no good reason. Please think twice for the future development. Rather have less new features bud don’t screw things up.

Filled a bug here too: Connection speed very low · Issue #823 · blokadaorg/blokada · GitHub

1 Like

@Karol thank you for the update. But my issue is not on Android. Has the updated software version been pushed to App Store ?

Hi Karol, I confirm your last version posted here is working properly on my vanilla galaxy s8. Thanks !

1 Like
  1. Downloaded from Blokada homepage
  2. Libre Mode
  3. Vienna
    Started this afternoon with very slow transfer speed, some pages not loading at all, DNS-Errors in Chrome, Firefox, Brave. Plus various applications not loading correctly.
    The workaround with changing the DNS in blokada to cloudflared worked out for me. In my homenetwork I use my two piholes as DNS, so everything’s fine.
1 Like

Hello. The 5.10.1 did not solve the issue for me. Android 9 Libre USA. It’s the Blokada DNS. Thanks.

2 Likes

2. Sweden
3. Libre
4. Jönköping Sweden

1 Like

Sent the logs from 5.9.0
Hope that this will help.

1 Like

Yes, it should take about 2-3 days once Apple makes our update public.

Can We get an update? Tried
All your work round’s none worked for me.

Changing DNS did not help for you?

No!

Not at all fixed

I have version 5.10.1

Blokada design not working at all

Other DoH (google, cloudfire) only working without dns encryption

So, in short, DNS encryption only works for other than these 3
And blokada dns doesn’t work at all whether encrypted or not

That means
Nothing happened after update. Same as usual.
Shared logs already but no fix.

It didn’t solve it for anyone. Only solved for the developer I guess.

Are you using Android 11?

This update will solve the issue for the majority, but it is possible not for everyone. If you

• Have Android 11
  • Have Private DNS
  • Are still using Blokada DNS and are in one of the affected locations

Then you may still experience the problem. But the workaround is there if you read the announcement.

The rest will be addressed in the coming week.

Yes on android 11 but wasn’t mentioned in your email.
So, having latest android is a problem :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah my bad it wasn’t clear. I mention it in this announcement though: Blokada 5.10 released

Android 11 is very new and I haven’t had a chance to have a look at it yet. Every major Android release breaks something :wink:

Hi Karol.

I did send you guys an email about my issues continuing with the latest Blokada version.
But in short for others in the forum.

I’m from Finland.
OnePlus8Pro with the latest android 11.
Changing DNS away from blokada one still gives me errors to the logs.

Now the web browsing is possible, while being bit slow thanks to the DNS errors I’m still getting.

Thank you from giving us a fast hotfix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Using Blokada on Android 11 and it works like a charm.

Samsung S10e | One UI 3.0 ^~^

1 Like