Blokada 5.10 released

Hi everyone, I hope you are well! A few quick updates for you.

New release

In relation to the recent connectivity problems some of you have been experiencing, we have made an out-of-schedule release in order to fix them asap:

• Blokada 5.10.1 for Android (stable) →
    • blokada.org (available)
    • F-droid (in review)
    • Google Play (in review)
    • Huawei App Gallery (in review)
    • Samsung App Galaxy Store Gallery (in review)

The issue

As you may know, we had some trouble the last few days. You can read more about it here. This release should fix it for most users.

Other updates

As usual, all blocklists have been updated to their newest versions, and translations have been pulled.

Google Play, started to accept our updates again, so hopefully this one will go out faster…

Remember that using Blokada Plus or donating is what makes it possible for us to keep improving the app. Thanks!

Tap to Donate

7 Likes

Thanks for the update.
This works as it used to do.
:pray::ok_hand:

2 Likes

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE huawei!!!

I just installed the new 5.10.1 version from the Blokada website. If the feature “Encrypt DNS” is enabled browsing the web in Brave is extremely slow. Versions 5.8.0 and 5.9.0 also exhibit this issue. Once the “Encrypt DNS” feature is disabled the issue is gone.

Pixel 3 running Android 11.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you for your hard work and awesome product!

2 Likes

Same here. If the feature “Encrypt DNS” is enabled browsing the web in Brave is extremely slow. When disabled, the issue is gone. For example, a page that opens in less than a second needs almost 30 seconds to open when “encrypt dns” is enabled.

Using version 5.8.0.
MotoG running Android 10.

Thank you for all your hard work on this great app!

2 Likes

Updated to new release and internet still doesn’t work with blokada dns. Like pages won’t load at all

Yes You are supposed to change the DNS for now until we solve that too. The update should change it automatically.

Unfortunately no improvement with Brave despite the update. I shut off the DNS encryption in order to make it work. Still thank you for your hard work.

Brave is a separate issue indeed: Brave Browser is slowing down with Blokada activated