Self-defense?

Hello,

I want to know if Blokada 5 community version (update on your site) has self-defense algorithms so as not to be modified by third-party applications?

I have a HUAWEI P20 phone and I noticed that there are thousands or even tens of thousands of connections per hour to China, Russia and Asia in violation of European laws.
So I blocked all connections that are not European but I notice more and more frequently that rules of prohibitions are transformed into rules of authorizations.
The other possibility is that blokada is memory loss, in other words a bug.
Do you have an explanation for this behavior?

This is very important for several reasons.
Surprising thing is that since I implemented these rules, I can no longer send bluetooth files to my computer. Should I deduce that all the files I sent via bluetooth before have passed through China before arriving at my computer?
In addition to data theft, this is a serious invasion of privacy.
One thing is certain, it is that I will no longer buy a Chinese phone.
I read on other forums what I could see, there is an authoritarian drift of Chinese phone manufacturers.

Thank you for your comeback.

Hello!

Please know that Blokada is not an anti-virus kind of intrusion detection system or anti-censorship tool.
Blokada is not capable of maintaining authenticity of your installed applications on your device or to ensure that they are not being modified by 3rd parties (e.g. by computer viruses).
This type of security should be done on a lower level closer to the OS itself. Such as application sandboxing.

The focus of Blokada is to prevent apps from tracking your activity and from serving ads.

Maybe you can explain more about what it is that you notice? Do you mean you have blocked entries one day and same entries are allowed on the next? Any examples?

It is possible Blokada interferes with your local network DNS used for discovering devices that you’re trying to share files with.
You might want to look for “prefer network DNS” in the network configuration options.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Please know that Blokada is not an anti-virus kind of intrusion detection system or anti-censorship tool.
Blokada is not capable of maintaining authenticity of your installed applications on your device or to ensure that they are not being modified by 3rd parties (e.g. by computer viruses).
This type of security should be done on a lower level closer to the OS itself. Such as application sandboxing.<

Yes OK.
I was also thinking of a hash system that would verify that these databases were not corrupted.

Maybe you can explain more about what it is that you notice? Do you mean you have blocked entries one day and same entries are allowed on the next? Any examples?

Yes that’s it, I block an address and some time later, this address is authorized.
I also thought of an error related to a single different character. I focused on short addresses that are easy to remember such as grs.dbankcloud.com which is also available with the .cn, .ru, .asia version
Note that the domain name dbankcoudcom with the different top levels does not exist with a jwhois query

The time of writing this message, I had information that my grs.dbankcloud.com was modified 3 days ago. While I block this address since the last update on your site.

It is possible Blokada interferes with your local network DNS used for discovering devices that you’re trying to share files with.
You might want to look for “prefer network DNS” in the network configuration options

If you say “prefer network DNS” from Blokada, it’s already done.
I have other blockages with Huawei applications since I restricted access to China and Russia. All my other apps are working fine.
I will monitor the settings to follow your lead.

There must be a flaw that allows bypassing Bloada’s vpn since for 43 minutes I had no logs on the application while I was consulting information. It was a sudden and massive display of advertising that allowed me to understand the defect.

Blokada was still on but ads were running and so were cname-cloaking trackers (ex: taboola).
I was able to “wake up” Blokada by deactivating it and then reactivating it.

It’s not the first time, but I was more attentive thanks to what I had already seen.
Not sure if this is manufacturer specific or Android specific.

I don’t know my Android version since Huawei hides it (version 10 according to a site: https://whatismyandroidversion.com/) but I’m on EMUI 12.

Sharing similar experiences?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.