Netflix American content

Hello,

I a using the latest blokada version 5.15.0 with blokada dns and vpn location New York.
Checking iplocation.net confirms my ip is located in New York, but with Netflix I don’t get the American content.
When I use Expressvpn I do get the American content.

1 Like

Hello,

Please make sure that Blokada DNS is selected in settings and try again

As I already mentioned in my post I have blokada dns selected. It doesn’ t work. No American content.

Please double check that the DNS is properly configured, for example on ipleak.net.
“DNS Address” test should say New York and be the same address as “Your IP address”.

If this checks out, please try logging out of Netflix, swipe close and log back in.

Ip is in New York, dns is blokada, but no American content.

What does it say under “DNS Address”? Your screenshot cuts right before that information :slight_smile:

United States - New York
Logging out and in again doesn’t help.

All looks good! Thanks for confirming.

So the issue should be in the way you access Netflix. Perhaps try deleing and re-installing the Netflix app.
Make sure you have VPN active before you login again.

Also make sure you didn’t add the Netflix app to the bypass list in Blokada.

I don’t think its the way I access Netflix.
When I use Expressvpn I have no problem getting the American content.
So the problem must be Blokada related.

I have the same problem. ipleak.net gives these messages

1. No forwarded IP detected. If you are using a proxy, it’s a transparent proxy.
  2. If you are now connected to a VPN and you see your ISP IP, then your system is leaking WebRTC requests

Blokada vpn and DNS never really conceal my true location… Should Blokada be able to do so? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Are you using Blokada+?

Yes, of course. Latest version of Blokada 5, and subscribed until Feb 21, 2022. Setting my location to London, for example (I am in France) does not allow access to UK-limited services. This does work with Express VPN

I have recently been reading articles about Netflix blocking ip addresses, sample below. Perhaps this explains some recent issues?

I am setup same as originator of this topic, latest Android 11, USA, blokada+ set to New York server, I personally have no problem to access Netflix US content.

After installing beta 5.16 the American content is back !! :slightly_smiling_face:
So it was Blokada causing the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.