How to manually block or allow additional domains

This guide explains how to manage allowed and blocked domains, navigate to the Activity tab on the bottom navigation bar.

Activity tab

Here you will find the most Recent and Top blocked or allowed domains.

If you’re having issues with an app or webpage, it might be because of a blocked domain in this list. It should appear on the top of Recent if you check here right after the issue occurs.

When you see an ad or possible tracking attempt that was allowed, you can manually add this entry to be blocked the next time.

Allow domain

Touch and hold a blocked entry to reveal the context menu, then select Add to Allowed.
This domain will now be allowed instead of blocked from now on.

Block domain

Touch and hold an allowed entry to reveal the context menu, then select Add to Blocked.
This domain will now be blocked instead of allowed from now on.

Details

If you change your mind, simply repeat the process and select Remove from Allowed or Remove from Blocked to undo.

You can also access these actions from the detail view of each entry, simply tap the entry to see a list of Actions.

3 Likes

I have followed exactly your explanation but my device launched 6th time a connections to a particular government website.

Very strange behaviour.

Do you have some exceptional agreements with différents governments to allow connection despite being manually not allowed ?

Am I supposed to be laughing right now?
No! Of course not!
The website might be cached. Block it and clear the cache of your browser. Which browser are you using?

1 Like

Sorry of course not. But had I shown you my screen shot, you would have scared and asked the same question.

Yesterday I saw 2 numbers of occurrences.

I blocked it immediately but 10 minutes later it was still shown as allowed and the number of occurrences was 10 !

But I checked again this morning, and now it was shown as blocked and few minutes later disappeared from the list.

I’m using Safari for iOS.

I will clear cache memory and will monitor it for few days.

I will be back to you then.

Thanks

Well so far no more occurrences happened.
Till this morning, there were 21 occurrences but it was shown as blocked.

You are correct it was something related to the cache of the browser. I’m too old now and start to forgetting few things here and there. And it’s easy to scare me :scream:

@PrintableCharacter So now you can laugh at me :grin:

Let’s go make a big laugh at me :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Ps : Thanks for your hint about cache.

No,
Why should I?
Glad it worked ^^

1 Like

Because sometimes I behave like a stupid man :grin:

Few years ago I would have figured it out myself that it could be cache related. But yesterday I was scared why my phone is transmitting on government website. I’m not a gangster or frauder but I don’t like something is done against my privacy.

I’ve tried also other anti trackers apps, but Blokada is the only one who shown me what’s going or trying to go outside (allowed and blocked).

Thank you very much for your great and well done job !

I’d like to be able to review all the sites I’ve added the the allowed list. Is that possible? I’m on iOS.

Not through the iOS app but the list is available if you visit app.blokada.org.
You can find it in the menu Blokada Cloud → exceptions

1 Like

Thanks! I wish I could edit there … but at least I can see them.

1 Like