If you want to block all kinds of social media domains and related ads, this can be achieved using a host list.
I use the Social host file by Energized. This Host list is already available in the Blokada’s Host lists menu by default. This host list efficiently blocks all social media websites and apps.
The only caveat is it might block an social media app/website that you might need e.g. for me it blocked LinkedIn. Here the mighty Blokada comes to our rescue, you can manually allow the domains you want to unblock.
If you don’t know how to perform the above action, below are the two methods to do it.
- Open the social media app/website you want to work properly.
- Open the host log in the Blokada app and check the last blocked domains, usually the domain contains the name of the app, for example,
g.whatsapp.net. (For your convenience you can also enable App settings / Notifications. This will show the last blocked domain in the status menu and you can directly allow it from that notification.)
- Tap on the entry and then tap allow.
- Open the app/website again and keep adding domains using the above procedure until it works properly.
- Open the Blokada app.
- Tap Ad blocking
- Tap the Allowed Hosts icon.
- Tap the Add a new host to the allowed list icon.
- Press the SAVE button.
Now you can use the particular website/app.
Thank you @c_C for suggesting the edits
P.S: I am looking for a DNS that also provide a similar service if you happen to know any feel free to comment below.