Greatly reduced download speed

Hi,

I’ve been using Blokada 6 on my Android device for over a year and it’s been great. But the past 5 days, without changing any settings, my internet speed is being reduced down from 125mbps (when Blokada is deactivated) to around 12mbps when activated.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone several times but still it’s the same.

Any advice on how I can resolve this?

Thanks

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear about the less than optimal speeds you’re experiencing, let’s try to troubleshoot this together.

1. Can you try changing your Blokada Plus location? Sometimes, different server locations can offer different performance due to factors like geographical distance and the route your internet connection takes.

2. When it comes to speed testing, some platforms may not provide an entirely accurate representation of your real-world internet speed. They could be testing against a server hosted by your own internet service provider, which might give higher-than-average results. To get a more accurate picture, it might be helpful to use a variety of speed test servers.

3. Lastly, it might be worth checking if you experience the same speed reduction issue when using different WiFi networks or on mobile data. But do bear in mind that performing speed tests using mobile data might consume quite a bit of your data allowance.

Please try these steps and let me know how it goes.

1 Like

I changed from Dallas to to New York location and speed increased.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.