- Downloaded Blokada from https://blokada.org/
- Phone is Oneplus 7 Pro (Global/US variant) with stock android 10 ROM
- When Blokada 5.7 is enabled, Google Messages Chat features always say Connecting… Messages>Settings>Chat Features. It never says connected and I can not receive texts. If I whitelist (bypass) in the Blokada 5.7 settings>advanced>apps> messages (com.google.android.apps.messaging) then I can use the chat/RCS feature, as it then changed from connecting to connected. I can repeat this issue over and over by adding or removing Messages from the Blokada whitelist/bypass. Only the default blocklist it turned on, no others.
- Immediately today after installing Blokada 5.7, have been a long time 4x user.
- Tried rebooting, but as above, can repeat this issue over and over by adding or removing Messages from the Blokada whitelist/bypass.
I’m not sure i understand the issue you are describing. Are you saying that once bypassed, google messages works for a while but does not remain bypassed?
No, once bypassed RCS messages work as expected.
Not bypassed, RCS messages do not work.
Then what is the issue? that is why the bypass feature exists.
the issue is that 1. not everyone uses RCS at this point, so the developer may not be aware, and 2. one of the most popular messaging apps on the planet, should not need to be bypassed.
We’re not involved in the creation of any blocklist.
They’re yours to choose from
Same blocklist in v4.10 and rcs texts work without needing to bypass Google Messages. This is a v5.7 issue.
Then check your dns settings. Maybe another dns will fix this issue. If not: Check whether or not blokada V4 has already whiltelisted the application automatically.
This functionality will not be implemented in v5.
We’ll not whitelist anything by default for now
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.