Gmail shows ads

Gmail is still showing ads

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
    From the website

2. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?
    Xiaomi Redmi 9 4GB, Android 11

3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.
    Gmail is still showing ads with Blokada enabled

4. Since when are you facing this issue?
    It started showing recently

5. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.
    No I didn’t

1 Like

You will forgive me but those “promotioal” emails I would class as spam, not advertisements in the traditional sense. Mark them as spam… it may take a while to get all undesirable emails into spam but as Gmail learns your preferences, that will change.

I still get one, maybe 2, “ads” a month in Social and Promotion folders, but a quick swipe to the right clears them to Spam to be dealt with there. Don’t even look at them… mark them as Spam and let Gmail take care of them.

1 Like

Ok thx

I use Brave

@GreggH it won’t show the options to mark it as spam when I hold it I can only delete it, and those ads only show in the app

That’s all there is to it… don’t open the ad, don’t pay attention to it, just delete it. In my Gmail, swiping it to the right deletes it. Whenever I see an ad (and they never appear in my Primary box, only in Social and Promotions), I swipe right and voila! No more ad. Since those “ads” are actually email spam, Blokada can’t block them without blocking all of your Gmail along with them.

Ok.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.