For the last few months, every Gplay renewal causes multi hour loss of connectivity. Android Fold 4

Samsung Fold 4. For the last 3 months at least, every time I get the “you paid Blokada” email from GPlay, I lose connectivity for a few hours. Restarting either Blokada or the phone doesn’t help. It’s a total loss of internet. Neither WiFi nor cell works until I disable the private DNS.

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
    Looks like the Play store, since it’s in that list and you’re getting paid from there. I’m VERY open to getting off of Play for your program. Going to research that now.
  2. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?
    Stock Fold 4. Android 13 1UI 5.1, latest patch, WF3.
  3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.
    Every time I pay you, I lose services for a few hours. Once was annoying, the second time was irritating, this is the third time, so I’m creating a post.
  4. Since when are you facing this issue?
    At least 3 months, once a month on your payday. Could be 4.
  5. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.
    Googled and Reddited for a solution, bounced Blokada, bounced the phone, reset the DNS settings. It looks like your DNS doesn’t stay in sync with payment. Maybe put in a 6 hourish buffer between end of subscription and payment received if you’re getting an auto-payment from Google.

Ok, it’s now been over a day. The payment has gone through. Blokada still doesn’t work.

I really love the program, but this is getting ridiculous.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ok. Now I’m seriously ticked. I just went to get B6 ‘officially’ from the Blokada site, and it sent me to Play.

Since that’s the official way to get it, and it’s been more than a day that you haven’t accepted my payment, WTF?

If this is NOT the place to get help with Blokada problems, then where is the official place to do so?

I’ve fully powered my phone off several times now trying to reset everything on my end. If there’s something else I should be doing, it would be nice if someone let me know.

Thanks, Larry

Still doesn’t work.

So I just uninstalled B6, powered off, waited, powered up, re-installed, still nothing.

Can’t connect to private DNS. Turn that off, and I get incredibly slow traffic. Several minutes to open a website on a 500Mbit wifi connection. If it even opens. Usually times out. Turn off B6, everything is great.

I’d really like some kind of response in the not too distant future. Given the reviews, you’re not handling things well. Which really sucks, because I’ve liked you for years, paid for Plus when you switched, and now you don’t even function.

Again, if this isn’t where I should be going for help, a nudge in the right direction would be helpful.

Hi,

Thanks for posting and sorry about the late reply, I totally missed your post somehow.

I want to address the reviews you mentioned, it’s crucial to note that the reviews do not mean that Blokada isn’t an excellent service, 95% of the reviews are from users who are not happy about Blokada 6 being paid while they’re not aware that Blokada 5 is available for free on our website.

Going back to your issue, I understand that you are having connectivity issues and sometimes slowdowns, I’ll need more info about which version you’re currently using:

-Are you using Blokada 5 or 6?

-Are you using blue mode (adblocking only) or orange mode ( VPN)?

-if you’re on Blokada Plus (orange mode), what location/gateway are you using? Have tried switching between locations?

-Do you face these issues on wifi or mobile data?

Going back to your issue, I understand that you are having connectivity issues and sometimes slowdowns, I’ll need more info about which version you’re currently using:

The first problem, is that my private DNS doesn’t work. So I have zero connectivity.

-Are you using Blokada 5 or 6?
6, off the play store.

-Are you using blue mode (adblocking only) or orange mode ( VPN)?
Orange, and usually Denver, but I’ve tried the other cities when I’m having problems, and they all are about the same.

-if you’re on Blokada Plus (orange mode), what location/gateway are you using? Have tried switching between locations?
Denver, and yes.

The real problem to start with is my DNS, without that, nothing works. I emailed you my FQDN for my DNS server.

-Do you face these issues on wifi or mobile data?
Same on both. Nothing works.

Aaaannnnndddddd, now that I tried it again this morning, it’s working. The last few times this happened, it cleared up in a few hours. This one took a few days.

It does break if I turn “Always-on VPN” on, under the VPN settings on the phone.

I do like your service. I’m just switching to a yearly plan instead of monthly. If this problem happens once a year, I’ll survive. These last few times have happened right in the middle of something important and it screwed me up, so I got ticked.

I guess you can call this ‘fixed’ for me. If you want anything from me, just let me know. I’m happy to send logs or whatever if it’ll help fix the back end.

Please share your log with us at hello@blokada.org and we’ll take a closer look