[Feature Request] iOS: Use Blokada without DNS enforcement

Hello,

It would be nice to use Blokada on iOS without beeing forced to choose a set DNS server but only use the blocklists.
While connected to a non blokada VPN, this causes DNS leaks, therefore reduces security and privacy.
This is the only reason why I am not able to currently use Blokada on iOS, which I’d really like to though, as I feel the app itself is one of the best out there.
Currently I am using Lockdown, as this app allows the use of a separate VPN without causing leaks.

Are there any news on that for iOS?

Blokada uses a VPN locally, even if you don’t use Blokada Plus.
This is why it conflicts with other VPNs.

Afaik Lockdown is only an HTTP proxy and not completely system wide, but I may be wrong.

Btw, what’s the reason you choose a different VPN than the one we provide with Blokada Plus?

Thank you for your answer. Lockdown uses, as Blokada does, a Device VPN Configuration to achieve that and is system wide. However with Lockdown they don’t enforce specific DNS servers. You can run a Device VPN and a Personal VPN simultaneously, however with Blokada there are IP leaks, whereas with Lockdown there are none.

Also with the DNS enforcements within Blokada, internet traffic (and therefore apps) are significantly slower.

Btw, what’s the reason you choose a different VPN than the one we provide with Blokada Plus?

I would word it in the other way. I see Blokada as an Ad / Tracker blocker service and yxz as a VPN service. Those two I’d prefer not to mix up, as example I do trust the VPN provider of my choice more.

+1 I second this feature request. This would allow me to keep using Blokada while on my company network which has a custom DNS server.
Right now I have to switch back to Lockdown which is letting me use my company DNS server.
Hope one day Blokada will implement this.