Feature Request : Better VPN App Integration on iOS

Hi.

I have a few Requests regarding VPN integration of the Blokada App on iOS. This is, because I have subscribed to a second VPN Provider (ProtonVPN) and after installing their App, Blokada App does hang on start as Long as Blokada VPN profile is not activated manually in the iOS Settings.

As a Blokada Plus user I want to be able to use the Blokada App on iOS even when the Blokada VPN Profile is not activated in order to be able to use additional - non Blokada - VPN profiles.

Acceptance Criteria

• the Blokada App starts as normal even in the case the Blokada VPN profile is not active

As a Blokada Plus user I want the app to automatically activate the Blokada VPN profile in the iOS settings when I activate VPN within the Blokada App.

Acceptance Criteria

• when the Blokada App is started and the Blokada VPN is not activated it stays deactivated in order not to disconnect from a non Blokada VPN
  • The location Selector works without limitations even when the Blokada VPN profile is not active
  • as soon as a connection from the Blokada App to a VPN shall be established, Blokada switches automatically to the Blikada VPN profile in order to be able to connect to the VPN

Alternative:

As a Blokada Plus user I want the app to show a Info instead of the VPN connector that shows the following message:

Please activate the Blokada VPN profile on the iOS Settting under

Acceptance criteria:

• when the Blokada VPN profile is deactivated, the message above is shown in the app on the main tab instead of the VPN selector
  • as soon as the VPN profile was activated, the message disappears and the VPN selector I shown to the user without need to restart the app.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the structured feedback!

Currently it’s not technically possible to run Blokada in either Cloud or Plus mode while also using a 3rd party VPN app. We should indeed handle this case better from within the app to better inform the user.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.